Key Accounts Manager / Southern California
Key Accounts Manager / Southern California
Who We Are:
We are pioneering a Booch revolution, and our family is growing!
If you want to make waves in the innovative Hard Kombucha category, we are seeking high energy, and passionate people to represent BOOCHCRAFT. We are a rapidly growing kombucha brewery and we provide significant opportunities for growth and development.
We would love to share with you our vision for the brand, our values, and how you can help us make an impact.
Be Bold - competitive spirit, inspired to create connection, and unafraid to fail.
Give a Sh*t - passionate, change-maker, and conscientious of the impact we make.
Own It - responsible, self-motivated, and scrappy.
Do Better - curious, evolutionary, and never stop learning.
What You’ll Do:
The Key Accounts Manager (Southern California) is a senior sales position reporting to the Vice President of Sales. This management position is responsible for developing, managing, and executing brand plans in regional and national accounts with call points based in Southern California. A successful candidate must have strong relationships with key Regional and National grocery decision makers based in Southern California and will prioritize partnership and collaboration at the highest level both with internal teams and category managers to grow the brand sustainably
- Business Development
- Category Management
- Product Launch
- Data Analysis
- Retail Marketing
- Pricing Strategy
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the primary champion in largest retail channels by developing new business, maximizing share of mind, and gaining incremental distribution
- Align with VP of Sales to align National Account strategy with annual business planning
- Collaborate with marketing team to create compelling campaigns and promotional programs
- Harness the power of data—from both internal and external sources—to uncover opportunities and craft a compelling business case.
- Collaborate with innovation team to develop new products that align with our business goals
- Communicate with our sales team and distributors to ensure store level execution
- Mentor and guide field team on best practices and retail standards
- Lead initiatives to develop the Hard Kombucha category sustainably
- Strategize pricing to grow sales and distribution
- Submit new item requests, price changes, and programming to retailers on schedule
- Build presentations decks for business reviews and new business opportunities
- Develop detailed positioning and product mix strategies for each of our unique channels
- Execute against plans and budget in order to reach goals profitably
- Provide forecast and advise production on trends or changes to authorization
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by management
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of 5+ years relevant sales experience in the beverage industry
- Strong understanding of chain retail landscape, category management and sales analytics
- Strong relationships with key Regional and National grocery decision makers including but not limited to, Kroger/Ralphs, AVP, Whole Foods, Sprouts, Bev Mo, Total Wine, Stater Bros, Grocery Outlet, Bristol Farms, Gelson’s, Mothers, and Jimbo’s
- Track record of developing relationships with customers, internal collaborators and partners.
- Ability to identify challenges/opportunities and present solutions.
- Excellent communication skills—both written and verbal
- Ability to self-manage time and achieve goals independently.
- High proficiency in Powerpoint, Excel, and MS Teams
- Ability to understand and analyze data sources such as IRI, Nielsen, Armadillo, SPINS and VIP iDig
- Ability to create professional and effective sales presentations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent job experience in CPG
The Nitty Gritty
Reports to: Vice President of Sales
Location: San Diego
Compensation: We expect this position to pay between $95 - $105k with no ceiling on bonus incentives
Benefits: Movement reimbursement, Health, vision, dental, and 401k match
Travel: Regular travel within the territory with some overnights required
Schedule: Generally Monday-Friday, but must be willing to work nights/weekends
*This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.