Bald Birds Brewing Co./Four Birds Distilling Co. is looking for a full-time, experienced Cellar Specialist to join our production team in Jersey Shore, PA. We are a 150,000 sq. ft. production brewery, distillery, and contract-brewing facility.
The Cellar Specialist will be responsible for the daily execution of a variety of cellar and production processes, basic lab work and QC, centrifuge operation, dry-hopping and yeast management, batching of canned cocktails, fermented malt beverages, and CIP & SIP cycles in the cellar. This role is critical to the success and consistency of our brewing facility, and this position will work directly with the operations manager, distillers, brewers, cellar team, packaging team, and the entire crew.
The Cellar Specialist will also be responsible for observing SOPs, keeping things clean & orderly, and generally ensuring products are progressing correctly in tanks. We are looking for applicants who have experience working in a similar role. This is an excellent opportunity for someone willing and interested in developing themselves professionally within an expanding brewery/distillery.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience working in a production beverage facility (wine, beer, distilled spirits)
- Communicates clearly and transparently, with the ability to work in a team and/or independent environment
- Is able to meet the physical challenges of working in a production brewery (standing long hours, working in wet spaces, lifting over 50 lb.)
- Can comfortably work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards
- Possesses basic computer and math skills
- Is committed to maintaining a safe, sanitary, and organized work environment
Job tasks will include:
- Batching RTD beverages
- Monitoring fermentation and adjusting parameters to maximize beer quality
- Performing dry hops and yeast dumps
- Adding fining and processing ingredients to tanks
- CIP & SIP cleaning cycles on fermenters, brite tanks, and brewery equipment
- Centrifuging beer (willing to learn how to centrifuge if the applicant has mechanical aptitude)
- Adhering to safety protocols and wear proper PPE (supplied by Bald Birds)
- Salary (DOE)
- Medical & Dental insurance offered
- 401K plan offered
- Paid time off
- Beer perks
Bald Birds Brewing Co.
We're all bald under our hair.