Beer Wrangler / Production Assistant
RITUAL BREWING CO.
JOB TITLE: Beer Wrangler / Production Assistant
LOCATION: Redlands, CA
POSITION TYPE: Part Time, Hourly Employee
EXPERIENCE: Homebrewing Experience is a Plus
POSITION SUMMARY: The Beer Wrangler plays a front line service role on the Sales / Distribution team in ensuring our brewery fresh draft beer is flowing at local accounts and packaged beer is displayed and available in retail stores. Will be responsible for operating a delivery vehicle ranging from a van to a box truck. Responsible for excellent customer service and ensuring a positive interaction with, customers while delivering Ritual products. Also will check shelf, tap placement, and / or display to ensure product is properly stocked, displayed, and rotated as well as building effective, professional displays in retail locations.
Production Assistant - Works in the Production Department cleaning equipment and facilities. Will be responsible for operating and maintaining equipment needed to manage yeast, monitor fermentation, and package beer in a variety of containers including kegs and bottles. Assists in a variety of aspects throughout the business as needed including maintenance of facilities and grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintains workplace safety while upholding quality standards.
· Loading and unloading trucks / vans
· Demonstrate safe, responsible driving habits and parking maneuvers
· Ensure truck is loaded with correct amount of cases and kegs
· Drive scheduled delivery route
· Deliver Ritual products to area retail accounts (bars, restaurants, package stores) utilizing a hand truck
· Ensure correct amount is invoiced to customer, and that payment is collected when necessary
· Clean draft lines and troubleshoot draft issues. Install / replace draft equipment occasionally as needed.
· Ensure product on shelf is properly stocked and rotated. Pull out of code beer to ensure fresh beer for the consumer.
· Assist the sales team in building and maintaining retail displays.
· Account for all returnable items to Ritual (empty kegs, etc)
· Monitor product quality, reporting problems to mitigate safety and quality issues.
· Responsible for consistently and accurately documenting and reporting; Completing inventory, quality and return logs.
· Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
· Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
· Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, safe material handling, etc.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Functions well working in a team environment
· Maintain a professional representation and appearance
· Cleaning of equipment and brewery facilities.
· Operates CIP (clean in place) system and cellar equipment according to standardized operating procedures.
· Sanitation of all beer contact surfaces and equipment.
· Filtering and transfer of beer; setup and tear-down of hard and soft piping assemblies.
· Operates packaging department equipment.
· Loading and unloading trucks
· Assists with brewing operations including milling of malt, grain out, and cleaning of brewhouse equipment.
· Continual lifting, dragging, carrying, and manipulating of hoses, parts, pumps, buckets, and reservoirs, requiring standing, walking, crouching, and lifting regularly throughout the duration of shift
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Candidate must have a valid CDL with a clean driving record.
· Delivery truck / Van
· Draft cleaning equipment
· Dolly for moving kegs / cases
· Forklift trucks
· Cleaning agents, sanitizing and other hazardous chemicals
· Compressed air or other gasses, including CO2
· Automated packaging equipment
· Keg cleaning and filling equipment
· Touchscreen machine controls
· Hoses, valves, clamps, gaskets, and other brewery equipment
· Milling equipment
· A variety of hand and power tools
· Cleaning agents, sanitizing and other hazardous chemicals
· Limited computer use
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Positive outlook and attitude
· Punctual and self-motivated with good time management skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to maintain log sheets and other written information thoroughly and accurately
· Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards
· Ability to manage multiple processes at one time
· Ability to work in a diverse team environment
· Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the brewery
· Ability to safely drive, maneuver and park a delivery vehicle and safely move, lift, or carry product as needed
· The ability to safely operate a forklift or willingness to be trained and certified to operate a forklift safely
· The ability and aptitude to work with and troubleshoot equipment
· Must be available to work flexible schedules including weekend and night shifts
· Must be responsible and dependable
· Must have a slightly warped sense of humor
· Enjoy having fun and making great beer
· Ability to work on your feet; driving / sitting, standing and/or walking 8-10 hours a day.
· Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
· Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
· Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
· Ability to repeatedly lift and maneuver kegs (165 lbs) and cases (35 lbs) including up or down stairs as required.
· Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The work environment is usually that of a brewing and packaging facility as well as bars, restaurants and stores where deliveries are made
· The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
· The employee works near moving mechanical parts.
· The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
· The noise level in the packaging facilities is frequently loud (80+ dB)
· The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water, and steam.
· The employee frequently must work in a sanitary environment.
TO APPLY: If you are interested in this position please apply via e-mail only. Send your résumé and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org