This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hill Farmstead Brewery is on a quest for a skilled kindred spirit to take over as Hospitality Director on our beautiful Greensboro, Vermont campus! As the welcoming face of our company, you will be entrusted with sharing our innovations, inspirations, and sense of place with visitors, creating a wonderful experience for all at Hill Farmstead. You will promote our ideals of minimal, mindful, and qualitative consumption while embracing the ways our brewery can enrich our community, bringing people into presence with each other and with Nature. You must be an engaging extrovert; motivated, joyful and thriving in teamwork, and a captain of the floor during service. This leadership position includes supervising and training, ordering equipment and supplies, tending to vendor relationships, and organizing special events, all while guiding an efficient, positive team and ensuring an exceptional guest environment. You will work closely with our owner and implement the company’s vision, communicating the work of the entire brewery to the public, with knowledge and collaboration across all areas of the business. We offer competitive pay based on experience, with a comprehensive benefits package.
Essential Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead taproom floor service Tuesday-Saturday, providing the best possible experience for staff and guests
- Work with owner, management, and co-workers to ensure that the core values, policies, and goals of the company are always in practice
- Participate in daily staff meditation and lead team huddles and weekly meetings
- Provide motivation and performance coaching, select and train new staff, facilitate scheduling
- Maintain the highest quality standards, including consistency and presentation of product, environment, atmosphere, etc.
- Correspond with customers and staff over email
- Ensure daily adherence to retail checklists, overseeing inventory, cleaning and equipment maintenance, etc.
- Determine and update taproom menu daily, descriptions and pricing
- Develop, implement and constantly improve taproom policies and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of sales trends in the taproom, reporting sales and inventory
- Maintain food vendor relationships, ordering supplies and coordinating food trucks and pop-ups
- Collaborate on the organization and operation of special events at the brewery
Ideal Qualifications include:
- Excellent track record, with at least 4 years of team management, leadership, and customer service experience in a hospitality setting.
- College degree preferred, or an otherwise demonstrated thirst for knowledge and excellence.
- Knowledge of craft beer and/or fine wine
- Advanced verbal, written, and public speaking skills
- An evolving knowledge and familiarity with Google Suite, POS systems, and mobile communication applications.
- Enthusiasm to learn the nuances of each Hill Farmstead offering and skillfully convey our brand to the public
- Motivated to lead, with ambition to grow as a part of our company and rural community
- Alignment with our values, interests, and inspirations
- Embrace a philosophy of conscious consumption and possess a wholesome relationship with alcohol
- Graceful, open, and concise communication skills to promote a team culture of feedback and solidarity
- Consistent ability to be kind, fair, and responsive to customers and staff
- Independent problem solving and decision making skills in real time
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing needs in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of legal requirements for food and beverage safety
- Commitment to working flexible hours and shifts; including evenings and weekends
Please email resumes & cover letters directly to: email@example.com
Hill Farmstead Brewery
Share, consider, enjoy