Variety Packaging Line Operator
Job: Variety Packaging Line Operator
Job Type: Full-Time, Hourly
Apply at https://jobs.lever.co/juneshine/e64495c5-a8b8-4cc3-a770-f071b388350b
The Variety Packaging Line Operator will report directly to the Packaging Manager and work out of our Poway, CA warehouse. They will be primarily responsible in the production of JuneShines extensive variety pack offerings. Alongside the packaging supervisor, they will lead a team who supports the production of our finished product. This role is an integral part of JuneShine’s success ensuring that our machines are running at optimum level, product is assembled correctly, and packaged efficiently.
Who You Are:
You thrive in an environment where things move and change quickly and are an excellent problem solver. You are a natural leader and you communicate well. You are patient, strategic and know when to ask for help. You are always looking for ways to operate more efficiently. You hustle!
The Task At Hand:
- With the guidance of the Production Supervisor, lead a team of contracted associates while following JuneShine’s SOP’s.
- Move, manipulate & load packaging materials including: cans, cartons, trays and pallets.
- Load cans onto packaging equipment, ensure proper assembly of finished goods and offload finished goods onto pallets while maintaining JuneShine’s standards of quality.
- Maintain a clean & organized production environment while ensuring that our operators are working safely and effectively.
- Report any safety concerns to Supervisor on duty.
- Perform line changeovers (tool changes).
- Clean and maintain equipment working collaboratively with JuneShine's maintenance team.
- Maintain accurate production documentation while ensuring fluid communication with the operations team on any changes, corrective actions, mechanical breakdowns, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned by your Supervisor or Packaging Manager including but not limited to: Operating secondary production equipment i.e. baler and forklift.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application.
- Minimum 1 year experience of people leading experience.
- Schedule flexibility to workdays, evenings, with overtime, holiday, alternative work weeks and weekend shifts as needed.
- Demonstrates a professional and engaged demeanor at all times and treats every employee, customer and client with dignity and respect in all interactions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Good analytical skills, math aptitude, time management skills and can multitask all while prioritizing safety.
- Able to work in a factory or production environment that may be loud, slick, humid, cold, and hot.
- Able to regularly twist, turn, kneel, climb, stoop, bend, crawl, lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds using appropriate equipment, techniques, tools and/or assistance.
- Able to stand, walk, and be on your feet for prolonged periods; 8+ hours.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company.
Nice to have:
- Experience operating a forklift or ability to be certified to operate a forklift.
- Minimum of two-years manufacturing and or brewery experience.
Compensation: Full-Time, Hourly ($23.00), Non-Exempt.
- Let My People Go Surfing Unlimited Paid Time Off.
- Healthcare Benefits; up to 85% contribution for employees and 25% for dependent medical. Voluntary vision, dental, and accidental plans offered.
- 401k with up to 4% company match.
- 12 weeks paid Equal Parental Leave, $500 Baby Bonding Bucks, and sustainable baby gift.
- Booch, Spirit, and Soft Good Perks.
- And so much more.
Location: This role is based in Poway, CA at our warehouse
To learn more and to apply please visit http://www.juneshine.com/team.
Honest Alcohol for a Healthier Planet