Territory Sales Manager
7 Locks Brewing, an established award winning brewery in Rockville, MD is seeking a dynamic and experienced Territory Sales Manager to drive sales for a fast growing suburban DC brewery in the established home market of southern Montgomery County and Washington DC. This is a turn key position with a ton of upside potential for the right candidate
As a Sales Representative, your main objective is to increase sales in your territory, and create lasting and mutually beneficial partnerships with accounts. This includes direct account responsibility for key on and off-premise accounts, securing new business in existing and new accounts. The assigned geography is Bethesda and DC. This role requires an individual who thrives with minimal oversight and has the ability to work independently and cooperatively with production and delivery staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with account staff and distributor sales personnel.
- Call on existing accounts to secure new distribution, make timely presentations to introduce new and "limited release" beer on- and off-premise.
- Execute on- and off-premise promotions and periodic special events that generate brand awareness and consumer sampling. This includes staffing events such as but not limited to:
- On site sampling
- Events at on premise accounts
- Beer festivals
- Track, monitor and keep account information up to date using our CRM tool.
- Coordinate delivery schedules with customers and distribution partners
- Identify unserviced and under-serviced accounts and effectively communicate information with management
- Ensure adequate shelf placement of products on shelves and in coolers for maximum visibility, and work with retailers on this
-Train accounts on products, schedule and attend tastings
- Utilize point-of-sale promotional items as necessary to improve sales and brand awareness, to include: shelf talkers, shelf displays, signage, etc.
- Complete necessary administrative reporting and communications on a timely basis
- Maintain presence, and pursue new on- and off-premise distribution in your assigned region.
- Bachelor’s degree, an emphasis in marketing, sales and management is a plus
- 2+ Years of sales experience. Beer sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of alcohol distributor relationships a plus
- Knowledge of state, federal regulations and franchise laws
- Knowledge of US beer business and its practices as needed
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Strong oral and written communication skills: ability to convey information effectively
- Understanding the retail and on-premise buyer mindset
- Retail/restaurant side purchasing experience is strongly preferred
- Excellent time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative. Must demonstrate ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Excellent organization and coordination skills: ability to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently
- Decision making skills: collect, assess and interpret relevant information and make sound judgment
- Flexibility: the ability and willingness to navigate and adapt to a changing plan
- Ability to always present yourself professionally as you are a representative of the company
- Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs)
- Ability to have fun when selling beer
- Variable hours that include some night and weekend work
- Some travel to the brewery’s vendors, and related organizations
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and supplies weighing 65 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion
Pay and Benefits
-Competitive, above market pay with an uncapped commission structure and base salary, on target earnings of 55k with no cap on commission.
-Paid Sick leave
Please direct all inquiries to jobs@7LocksBrewing.com