Quality Control Technician
At Indeed Brewing Company, we’re cultivating an artfully eclectic line-up of beers from the heart of Northeast Minneapolis and in the Walker’s Point neighborhood of Milwaukee. Well-known as an engaged and community-oriented brewery, Indeed believes innovation isn’t just one thing—it’s a culture created around good people, good beers, and good experiences.
The Quality Control Technician, located in Minneapolis, is an integral member of our brewery in ensuring a consistent consumer experience. They are the scientist behind the art ensuring Indeed liquids exceed all quality standards every time.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to all company-wide quality standards, safety protocols and SOPs.
- Responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance and organization of all lab equipment and areas.
- Perform microbiological and analytical testing on raw materials, yeast, wort, beer and finished product.
- Daily monitoring and analysis of all beer in fermentation and upkeep of fermentation logs.
- Troubleshooting production and packaging related quality issues and implementing long term fixes to prevent reoccurrence.
- Work with the brewing team to manage yeast propagation and track yeast generations and health.
- Prepare, train, participate in sensory panels and analyze results to ensure the highest quality beer is provided to customers.
- Create and maintain updated SOPs for laboratory and sensory procedures.
- Use production data collected to proactively generate relevant reports for appropriate management.
- Keep a complete library of retention samples for best before verification.
- Work with department heads in training brewers and packaging team members on relevant quality SOPs.
- Investigate consumer/employee product concerns and complaints.
- Continuously work toward growing the repertoire of the quality program.
- Ensures paperwork across the brewery is being filled out accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Calibrate gauges, thermometers, and laboratory equipment as prescribed and to verify operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Required: High school diploma; Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Biology or related field
- Experience in microbiology and sterile laboratory technique
- Working knowledge of brewing best practices
- Basic statistical analysis
- Strong problem solving skills
- Holds self to high integrity standards and is self motivated
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Experience, knowledge, and/or ability to learn simple technology platforms (spreadsheets, Google Suite, email, Slack, etc.)
- Full time 30+ hours per week
- Occasional weekend work
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds safely and occasionally maneuver 165 lb. kegs. w/ help from a dolly or other reasonable accommodation.
- Work on your feet in a physically demanding environment for up to 8 hours a shift
- Ability to sit, squat, stand, bend, reach, climb ladder, etc. in an 8 hour day
- Able to perform tedious tasks involving hand/finger dexterity
- Able to wear appropriate PPE
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive Hourly pay starting at $23/hour
- Paid time off, accrued sick time and paid holidays
- 401K with company match after 6 months of employment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed Brewing Company welcomes diversity of thought, culture and background. We recruit, employ, train, and compensate regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, veteran status, disability or age.
We are eager to attract diverse talent to join, stay and do their best work at Indeed Brewing. We are interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet every one of the qualifications listed.