About the Work:
- You will emulate our Core Values to help foster an environment of inclusivity, employee empowerment, and servant leadership. You will hold your team accountable to also emulate our Core Values.
- You will provide inspirational leadership and coaching to a team of brewers across three shifts. You will spearhead continuous team improvement growth initiatives. You'll also lead the development of goals for the brewing team and ensure the goals are communicated to all team members.
- You'll act as the technical brewing subject matter expert and will share your knowledge with the brewing team to help foster an environment of employee growth and development.
- You'll conduct periodic training analyses to help identify any gaps in training for your team. You will use that information to develop training plans for each team member as needed.
- You will conduct regular brewing team goal review sessions as well as regular one-on-one performance feedback sessions.
- You will set up and manage the brewing and cellaring schedule to ensure the availability of on-time, in-specification bright beer for packaging through the safe and efficient utilization of people, equipment, and time.
- You'll champion safety for the entire brewery and ensure all safety protocols are adhered to. You will also ensure all quality and taste standards, GMP's, or SOP's, OSHA, and FDA requirements are adhered to at all times. You will report on any deviations or issues that arise.
- You will review all required brewing-related process data through bright beer for accuracy and conformance to specifications. You will make suggestions or recommendations for improvements to help the efficiency of the brewery.
- You will track and report all relevant operational leading KPI's on a monthly basis.
- You will assist in the New Product Development process and provide technical representation at our co-packer facilities as needed.
- You have knowledge and experience in or a degree in Brewing, Food Science, or a related discipline. Certificate from a recognized Brewing Program (i.e., Siebel, ABG, or IBD) or direct working experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- You have at least five years of progressive leadership experience in a brewery producing at least 10,000 Bbls annually.
- You have experience working with MRP platforms such as EKOS or Orchestrated Beer. You also feel comfortable working in the Microsoft Office or Google Workplace Suites.
- You have knowledge of GMP's, FDA, and OSHA standards.
- You have knowledge of HACCP and food safety.
- You may also have working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Cape Beverage Distributing we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Cape May Brewing Company
Enjoy the Moment!