We are looking for a hardworking and dependable problem solver who is passionate about brewing.
The position is part time. Hours will be set based on brewing needs. Starting at approximately 20 hours per week with room for future growth.
· Managing, planning, and performing CIP on the brewhouse, fermenters, and brite tanks.
· Managing, planning, and performing beer transfers to brite tanks for carbonation and packaging.
· Accurately testing and recording pH, gravities, and carbonation (with Zahm & Nagle CO2 tester).
· A desire to research and learn new ingredients, processes, and concepts to help improve beer quality and production efficiency.
· Excellent communicator.
· Ability to follow directions carefully.
· Inventory maintenance.
· Mechanical abilities for maintenance and repair is a bonus.
· Assisting with packaging in kegs and cans.
· Lifting and carrying bags of grain.
· A mind for safety.
· Keg deliveries and drop offs to various locations.
· Representing Soul at beer festivals and other events.
· Assorted tasks necessary for brewery upkeep.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
· Be 21+ years of age
· Be able to work well independently but to follow very specific directions
· Be able to lift grain bags and heavy objects routinely and repetitively.
· Be able to work a flexible schedule
· Must possess a driver's license and have access to a vehicle
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Previous work experience within a brewery setting is an advantage.
· Have a passion and curiosity for craft brewing and enthusiasm and desire to grow as part of our team and vested in our success.
Send resume, brief cover letter, and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enter ASSISTANT BREWER in the subject line.