Role and Responsibility
The ownership of Campsite Brewing Company set out to create an environment where people not only wanted to come to eat and drink, but one where people want to work. We believe it is the responsibility of a business to possess a culture that empowers its staff, is dedicated to their personal and professional growth, and lifts the community in which it resides. At Campsite Brewing Co. we value excellence, transparency, sustainability, inclusion and connection. We are looking for staff that share these values and are excited to launch and grow our organization alongside us.
As a Server of Campsite Brewing Co, you will instill our values, culture, and concept through your knowledge of beer, food, and overall Campsite Brewing Co. experience. Our servers are the face of our organization and will facilitate the guest experience from beginning to end. Our ideal candidate is motivated, team oriented, excels in communication and is looking to grow and learn in Craft Hospitality.
- Enforce company policies and state laws regarding the consumption of alcohol.
- Follow alcohol awareness procedures; notify manager of any guest demeanor requiring attention.
- Ensure that the company culture and core values are properly represented at all times.
- Be Excellent in Guest Service by honing in and anticipating guest needs.
- Guide guests through beer styles and suggest appropriate selections based off of their preferences and palate.
- Suggest food pairing food menu items with beer to enhance guest experience.
- Accurately process orders as well as credit and cash transactions using Toast Tab.
- Properly pour beer, using proper glassware allowing the guest to enjoy beer with several senses.
- Expo and run food to guests.
- Ensure general cleanliness of the front of house and areas open to guest according to restaurant sanitation standards, including bussing, cleaning, and sanitizing tables and clean up of floor spills.
- Must be able to work in a variety of roles in all areas of Front of House (FOH).
- Work in a team environment and open to performing other duties as assigned.
- Communicate with fellow servers, kitchen staff, and management clearly and effectively.
- Work as part of a team that incorporates the FOH and BOH.
- Follow all side work guidelines to ensure maximum efficiency in FOH.
- Learn and be able to change kegs using a Foam on Beer Detector system to make every drop count.
- Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of Campsite Brewing Company history, company and our beer.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by using Standard Operating Procedures in place.
- Understand and adhere to the company’s policy & procedures as defined in the employee policy handbook.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ Years Experience working in hospitality or a craft brewery.
- Basic Knowledge of FOH procedures and practices.
- Must be Responsible Beverage Server Certified.
- Able to obtain a Level 1 Beer Server Cicerone certification with 14 days of employment.
- Must have a Food Handlers Card.
- Team Oriented.
- Motivated, driven and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Regularly required to lift no more than 40 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending, and squatting.
- Frequently required to use hand-to-finger motions, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- $15.50 an hour plus tips.
- Discounts on beer, merchandise and food.
Part-time; weeknight and weekend availability are required.
The Server will report to the General Manager, the ownership, or anyone appointed by ownership.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workplace and inclusive culture. The Company makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. We recruit, employ, terminate, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Those applicants requiring assistance with the application and/or interview process should contact the Company.
Campsite Brewing Co
Tap Into the Great Outdoors