Canning Line Operator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Work with an amazing team at an award winning craft brewery!
Our Canning Line Operator plays an important role on the brewery team, reporting to the Packaging Manager, this job performs a variety of tasks from canning, packing beer and kegs to assisting the brewers.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Operating all positions of the canning line from unloading full cases and building pallets to operation of the canning line itself.
- Checking and recording carbonation, dissolved oxygen, and clarity levels of all products before and after packaging. Ensuring all products are packaged within desired specifications.
- Filling packaging requests as needed. Building shipping pallets, jumping kegs, or any other inventory requests as needed.
- CIP and SIP of all packaging equipment and tanks.
- Cleaning & Organization of all production areas.
- Keg Cleaning.
- Assistance to brewers and cellar teams.
- All other tasks as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must be 21 years of age at the time of application
- Packaging experience a plus, passion for beer production a MUST!
- Strong ability to multitask, troubleshoot, & problem solve in a fast paced environment.
- Strong desire to learn & collaborate.
- Awesome attitude at all times, especially while handling difficult and stressful situations.
- Desire to work in a fast paced and rapidly growing company.
- Willing to work early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Able to regularly kneel, climb, bend, crawl, twist, lift and carry 55 pounds.
- Able to stand, walk, be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Able to move 200+ pounds using appropriate equipment.
- Able to work in an environment which may be hot, cold, loud and/or slippery.
- Able to work in mentally stressful situations in the conditions listed above.
Who We Are:
Great Notion is a brewery started by three friends and neighbors in Portland, OR that offers hazy, fruit-forward IPAs and culinary-inspired sours & stouts sold directly to customers through a creative new mobile app. Great Notion has won numerous Gold and Silver Medals, including accolades at World Beer Cup, GABF, Best of Craft Beer Awards, and Oregon Beer Awards, as well as the #1 IPA in America from Paste Magazine. We currently have 5 taprooms in the Pacific Northwest: @greatnotionalberta, @greatnotionnw and @greatnotionbeaverton in Oregon, and @greatnotionballard and @greatnotiongeorgetown in Washington, and are rapidly expanding with new locations in California and more.
Our core values include Family, Quality, and Creativity.
Great Notion is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Great Notion employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination. Learn more about us at www.greatnotion.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
Great Notion strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Great Notion Brewing
Keep Beer Fun!