At Indeed Brewing Company, we’re cultivating an artfully eclectic line-up of beers from the heart of Northeast Minneapolis and in the Walker’s Point neighborhood of Milwaukee. Well-known as an engaged and community-oriented brewery, Indeed believes innovation isn’t just one thing—it’s a culture created around good people, good beers, and good experiences.
The packaging department at Indeed is constantly growing and changing, flexing to meet the needs of the company and adapting to stay near the cutting edge of the industry. This is a fast-paced and complex work environment which requires a high level of patience, critical thinking, and awareness.
A typical day in the life of a packaging assistant involves setup of the packaging line, re-filling packaging materials during operation (trays, lids, Paktechs, cartons), keeping an eye for quality of package, monitoring machines and transitions to keep line running smoothly, palletizing and wrapping finished products, and assisting with warehousing and organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operating packaging equipment including can filler, cartoner and case packer
- Keg washing and filling
- Palletizing cases using an automated or manual pallet wrap
- Facility cleaning, organization, and special projects
- Maintaining brewery sanitation
- Perform quality checks for carbonation and dissolved oxygen
- Set up, sanitization, and CIP of product lines
- Accurate counting of finished product
- Safe operation of pallet jacks and forklifts to move finished pallets
- Transferring finished goods between warehouses
- Tracking finished goods inventory
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High school/GED or higher
- Forklift certified, training provided if not certified
- Clean driving record
- Capable of driving a large box truck
- Safety conscious
- Able to meet physical demands (see below)
- Previous experience in manufacturing, food or drink packaging, automotive repair, or other trade industries will provide relatable experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for hours at a time, walk, climb, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 30-100 pounds frequently and 150-200 pounds occasionally. Specific abilities in this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, as well as depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Full time 30+ hours per week with overtime during busier times
- This position requires flexibility with hours and days of the week. Typical work week is Monday through Friday with some weekend work during busy times. Hours vary by day depending on packaging needs.
COMPENSATIONS & BENEFITS
- Competitive pay starting at $21.63/hour
- Paid time off, paid holidays, paid sick time and paid parental leave
- 401K with company match
- Allowance for work clothing and footwear
- Merchandise discounts
- On the job training including forklift certification
- Generous beer benefits!
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed Brewing Company welcomes diversity of thought, culture and background. We recruit, employ, train, and compensate regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, veteran status, disability or age.
We are eager to attract diverse talent to join, stay and do their best work at Indeed Brewing. We are interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet every one of the qualifications listed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.