Brouwerij West and THINGS … For Your Head hard seltzer are looking for qualified candidates to expand our production, especially those with production brewery or hard seltzer experience and a serious interest in quality. We are also looking for a person who shares our love of traditional Belgian brewing as well as hazy IPA, unique ingredients, dry-hopping techniques, hard seltzer, and an experimental take on brewing and branding.
Our Packaging Operators report jointly to our Director of Cellar & Packaging and Lead Brewer and assist with most aspects of beer and hard seltzer production from initial milling to finished product packaging. The role requires autonomy and the ability to take personal responsibility for specific parts of our brewing, cleaning, and packaging process without continuous supervision.
- Operate canning line and all associated equipment such as labeler and depalletizer.
- Palletize finished goods in a neat and orderly manner.
- Assist in all aspects of operating brewhouse, fermentation and bright tanks, and related equipment.
- Assist with measurement and recording of quality control data, including temperature, pressure, and gravity. Carry out lab duties such as cell counts, force fermentations, and sensory analysis.
- Assist with clean-in-place (CIP) of brewery equipment, cleaning of brewery and cellar areas, and cleaning of mash filter when necessary.
- Clean and fill kegs with use of automated keg washer and keg filling manifold.
- Clean and sanitize brewhouse fermenters, bright tanks, packaging equipment, and other areas of brewery.
- Assist with equipment repair and maintenance as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderly function in all parts of the warehouse, including handling receipt, recording, and movement of raw materials and packaged beer, including into and out of refrigerated areas.
- Taste beer and hard seltzer prior to packaging.
- Work with and support Shift Brewer, Lead Brewer and/or Brewmaster on special projects as needed.
- Experience working in an industrial warehouse environment. Proficiency in cellar and packaging operations, beer or hard seltzer production, and lab processes preferred but not required.
- Ability to develop a working knowledge of the brewing process. Healthy interest in the underlying scientific principles governing fermentation and the performance of blending and brewing calculations.
- Attention to detail, especially recording inventory and quality control data, and experience working independently.
- Great verbal and written communication skills and ability to multitask as part of a small team taking ownership of all duties necessary for successful production.
- Ability to acquire and develop knowledge of CIP, sanitizing principles, pneumatic systems, industrial electricity, mechanical power, fermentation, canning lines, kegging equipment, and labeling machinery.
- Eagerness to learn and utilize our customized brewing production and accounting software, Orchestrated Beer (based on SAP Business One).
- Desire for career advancement and greater seniority in the production process over time.
- Reasonable flexibility of work schedule including the ability to periodically work weekends, evenings, and holidays to meet scheduled production runs.
- Ability to lift and move 55 pounds repeatedly. Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as stoop, crawl, climb and work in tight or active/crowded spaces. Willingness to work in all weather conditions.
- Forklift and pallet jack proficiency preferred.
This a full-time, hourly position. We offer pay commensurate with experience and benefits for the right candidate. Qualified candidates will be required to interview in person in Los Angeles, CA if selected.
Brouwerij West is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment background check may be performed.
Please email your resume and cover letter PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please limit your contact to email only.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Discover the West