Sales Representative / Brand Ambassador
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Sales Representative/Brand Ambassador is responsible for managing all aspects of Marble’s wholesale business in Albuquerque and northern New Mexico and for establishing, maintaining and periodically calling on both on- and off-premise accounts that carry Marble products, and for increasing sales at on- and off-premise locations. This is a full-time salaried position with the ability to work 40 hours per week with some evening and weekend work for festivals and special events.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build sustainable partnerships with Republic National Distributing Company and other Marble distributors and develop key accounts by promoting the Marble brand while emphasizing product value.
- Sell draft and packaged beer and strive to increase the number of product lines at all on- and off-premise retailers.
- Identify all retailers in the designated territory where Marble beer is under-represented and develop a plan to establish a relationship with and business with such retailers.
- Communicate with the Sales & Distribution Manager to ensure products ordered by retailers are received and to ensure product sells through before its “best by” date.
- Monitor and report on business growth with key accounts.
- Conduct server and bartender education, beer tasting sessions and brand promotions, such as tap takeovers, with on- and off-premise retailers.
- Communicate with the brewery regarding new beer styles for potential tap placements.
- Conduct market management, which includes: monitoring inventory levels at accounts in the designated territory, product distribution, freshness and quality of draft and package beer.
- Participate in sales and planning meetings with Marble Sales Team and distributors as necessary.
- Utilize data-reporting and customer relationship management tools such as VIP and Karma to track current and potential accounts and key personnel at those accounts to build relationships with key decision makers and thereby increase sales.
- 1 to 3 years of proven results-oriented experience in outside sales or related experience within the food & beverage industry.
- An understanding of the 3-tier beer distribution system.
- An intense competitive spirit with an assertive, confident personality.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results.
- Strong judgment and professional maturity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Valid driver's license, and a registered and insured vehicle.
- Must have a clean driving record.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is a self-directed position that requires the employee to efficiently accomplish the primary objectives independently and with very little day-to-day supervision. The Sales Representative/Brand Ambassador will often work alone as well as part of the larger sales team. The Sales Representative/Brand Ambassador will spend significant amounts of time driving throughout the assigned territory visiting accounts and attending beer-related festivals and events and will sometimes be traveling for multiple days with or without a co-worker. This job is primarily a Monday-Friday job with some evening and weekend work, including festivals and special events.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The ability to use a computer and smartphone, as well as the ability to lift and move cases and kegs of beer (15.5g and 5.2g), as well as the ability to set up, break down and maintain festival infrastructure (canopies, jockey boxes, CO2 canisters, folding tables, etc.).
Your application has been successfully submitted.