Arizona Wilderness Brewing's mission is to produce socially, ethically, and environmentally responsible craft beer and food to enrich the lives of our customers, employees, and the Arizona community. We live by our core values and we are looking for a full-time Head Brewer to join our amazing team.
- Responsible for the entire brewing and quality control processes.
- Manage relationships with suppliers, concentrating on the relationship with local suppliers. All suppliers must be vetted for locality, sustainability and ethics.
- Work with Lead Brewer to formulate new recipes, taking into consideration both budget and current market trends in both distribution and taproom.
- Manage contracts for hops and other raw materials by developing annual forecasts based on available data and planning.
- Handle and ensure that all brewing and production information is entered into the brewery's enterprise software system, Ekos. This includes: creating new brands, creating and managing batches, recording all movement and usage of raw materials and finished product inventory, creating purchase orders, and sending invoices.
- Pull reports from Ekos, and work with other Departments, to develop forecasts for planning and scheduling brews and procurement.
- Manage inventory of finished products, allocating between distribution and locations to maintain freshness and diversity in all sales channels.
- Coordinating operations with art, marketing, restaurant and logistics/sales departments.
- Develop, train and manage brewery team. Effectively manage labor resources while treating humans like humans.
- Amazing team
- Quarterly bonus based on beer sales
- Free meals, shifties, free to-go beer.
- Credit toward professional development
- 10 days PTO + 40 hours Sick Leave
- Generous health insurance offering
- Dental and Vision insurance available
- Free Short-Term Disability insurance
- Absolute passion for local and sustainable beer production.
- 5+ Years of production brewing experience.
- Experience managing 4,000+ bbls of beer per year
- High-quality work standards with and without direct supervision
- Strong verbal communication and organization skills.
- Ability to strategically plan.
- Proficient understanding of quality control and problem solving skills to troubleshoot any beer related issues.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to occasionally lift 55 lbs. to shoulder height repeatedly
- Ability to occasionally stand for long periods of time, bend, reach, stoop, lift up to 170 lbs. and perform repetitive motions without issue.
- Enthusiasm and strong personal knowledge of the brewing industry and market.
- Proficiency in Google Drive operations.
- Proficiency with Ekos Brewmaster
- Love of wilderness and planetary health is a must.
Arizona Wilderness Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will never discriminate in employment decisions based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.