Taproom General Manager
We are seeking a part- to full-time taproom/general manager who is excited to be a team player and who takes pride in their work, is detail-oriented, and enjoys the rewards of managing a busy and dynamic taproom. The Taproom General Manager reports to the Operations Manager, works closely with the Head Brewer, and manages our beertending staff.
This individual will be a key member of our management team, serving as the bridge between back-of-house product creations (Flying Lion’s award-winning beers!) and front-of-house revenue growth, excellent customer service, and team performance.
Flying Lion Brewing is committed to cultivating and promoting diversity within our business and the industry. Black, Indigenous, people of color, women and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- 2+ years management experience preferred
- 1+ years retail/customer service experience preferred
- Ability to work independently with strong communication and problem solving skills
- In-depth understanding and ability to use/create spreadsheets
- Interest in building knowledge of beer styles, brewing process and history
- 3-5 shifts/week, must include in-person time during the day and may include evenings. Weekly schedule is flexible but must be scheduled. 2-3 day, continuous weekend guaranteed.
- Ability to lift 40+ pounds while using safe lifting techniques and maneuver up to 165 pounds using proper equipment. Reasonable accommodations and alternatives may be made.
- Must be 21+ years old
- Must possess or be willing and able to obtain a Washington State Class 12 MAST permit (3 hr class)
- Must have or be willing to be vaccinated for Covid-19
- Must complete Cicerone Certified Beer Server Certification within 4 months of hire. (cost covered by Flying Lion Brewing)
- Develop and maintain schedules for Taproom staff
- Regularly communicate with Taproom staff to enforce and maintain Bartender expectations for providing excellent customer service
- Develop/maintain inventory for Taproom and Event consumables (e.g. merchandise, restroom consumables, cleaners/chemicals, snacks, etc.)
- Direct company-wide semi-annual performance reviews in conjunction with Operations Manager and 6-wk new-employee check-in. Regularly review and update company-wide job descriptions.
- Plan, evaluate impact, and identify opportunities to increase net revenue for in-house and off-site events (e.g. brewer’s nights, festivals, dark beer fest, beer releases, etc.)
- Evaluate sales and communicate with Head Brewer to maintain a variety of beer styles (style, color, ABV, etc) on tap to optimize sales based on customer preferences and industry trends.
- Maintain taproom’s city and state compliance (business license, health dept. permit, etc.), complete required tax forms, paperwork, and documentation
- Maintain vendor relationships and perform inventory tasks, including ordering and pricing of guest beers/ciders/taproom merchandise and giveaways
- Respond to emails sent to email@example.com. Forward messages to the appropriate person if needed
- Plan, organize, direct, control, evaluate, and prioritize revenue potential of the operations of the taproom/retail operations
- Create and update as necessary training documents and SOPs to be used by Taproom staff
- Communicate with Operations Manager to develop and maintain standards and expectations for all staff
- Work with Operations Manager to plan and execute expansion plans in terms of Flying Lion’s product line, sales, staffing, production, and general business efforts.
- Evaluate, plan, and execute advertising and social media outreach
- Create and report on sales goals across all retail categories with intention towards efficiency and net business growth
- Manage social media presence and identify/manage alternative marketing opportunities
- Lead regular all-staff meetings and annual or biannual all-staff outings
- Assist management staff in guiding an evolving and ever-improving company culture and direction
- Other duties as assigned
- $29/hr with performance based raises every 6 months for the first year of employment. Further raises TBD.
- $100 Flying Lion Merchandise Credit per year (starting on hire date)
- $150 Work Clothing Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off - Full-time employees accrue up to 15 days of paid time off per year; part-time employees accrue PTO at the same rate.
- 3% employer contribution to SEP-IRA (Simplified Employee Pension Individual Retirement Arrangement AKA employer-contributed retirement plan) No matching nor employee contribution required. All employees will be eligible and required to participate after working in 3 of the last 5 calendar years and after earning at least $650 in each year in wages.
- Generous daily beer perks!
- Paid training/occasional industry convention travel
Please send current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Flying Lion Brewing
Flying Lion Brewing