Overnight Packaging Manager - Oskar Blues Brewery
This position is responsible for managing all facets of Packaging operations and actively leads team(s) of Packaging Operators, Technicians, and Leads.
- Maintain all quality standards set for packaging at CANarchy facilities.
- Master all Operator 1, Operator 2 and Technician 1 tasks.
- Manage Packaging related tasks and procedures in Orchestrated Beer.
- Supervise and lead a team of Packaging Operators and Technicians.
- Operate all packaging equipment and any station in the facility.
- Manage Packaging team labor scheduling and individual performance.
- Maintain accurate and up to date SOP’s as well as any other pertinent required documentation.
- Engage in improvement projects coordinated through the General Manager or Director of Brewing Operations.
- Screen, interview and hire new staff for Packaging department.
- Ensure team is compliant with company polices and safety guidelines.
- Communicate effectively and timely using either email, phone, text or verbal tools.
- Perform facility related duties as required or assigned.
- Support training and management for all Packaging Operator 1, Operator 2, Technician 1, Technician 2, and Lead personnel.
- Support other departments when situations warrant and make connections between processes.
- Maintain proper stock of raw materials required for packaging.
- Validate timecards for Packaging department personnel every 2 weeks.
- Oversee planned and unplanned maintenance of Packaging equipment.
- Operate all pallet moving devices (e.g. Forklift, Pallet Jack) in the facility.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate leadership and facilitate communication both inside and outside of Packaging department
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate reliability, punctuality and ability to multi-task
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate willingness to ask questions
- Demonstrate responsible and well-informed decision making
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift 50lbs to shoulder height and push or pull 160 lbs. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls. May be required to work weekends.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full Time, Overnight
Job Type: Exempt
Pay Type: Salary, $56,800 - $70,000
Supervisor: General Manager or Director of Brewery Operations
Manages Others: Yes
Minimum Education: High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent Required
Minimum Certification: N/A
Minimum Experience: N/A
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: 0%
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Brewery equipment, Pallet Jack, Forklift, Scissor Lift
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
THE CRAFT BREWERY COLLECTIVE