Barback (Part-Time) - Cigar City Brewing
This position is responsible for assisting Servers, Food Runners and Bartenders in cleaning tables, removing dirty dishes, keeping serving areas organized and stocked with supplies, and other many responsibilities to ensure that the customer’s experience is of the highest quality.
- Assists in keeping the bar stocked with glasses and ice where applicable.
- Replenishes the supply of clean linens, dishes, silverware, and glasses in dining room where applicable.
- Assist bar staff with maintaining bar supplies during busy shift including emptying garbage and removing bus tubs of dirty dishes and replacing with clean bus tubs where applicable.
- Sets tables with napkins, silverware, glasses, salt and pepper shakers, etc. where applicable.
- Serves and refills ice water and other beverages where applicable.
- Ensure that all tabletops and settings are set in an aesthetically pleasing manner where applicable.
- At the conclusion of meals, removes dirty dishes and soiled items from the tables and sweeping floors if requisite.
- Conducts periodic cleaning of restrooms and entry ways.
- Ensures that all sanitation practices are rigidly followed and executed including changing sanitizing solutions and mandated intervals.
- Protects consumer health with strict adherence to all safe food handling practices.
- Tap kegs and organize keg storage areas where applicable.
- Demonstrates teamwork while working respectfully with all team members.
- Protects consumer health with strict adherence to all sanitary and safe food handling mandates and practices.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work all days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Possess strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities, and remains calm under pressure.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Part-Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Supervisor: Manager on Duty
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED Required
Minimum Certification: Current Food Handler Permit
Minimum Experience: 1 Years
Age Requirement: 18/21 years or older
Required Travel: N/A
Driving Requirements: N/A
Tools & Equipment Used: N/A
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
THE CRAFT BREWERY COLLECTIVE