Manager Category Development-Grocery
Dreaming big is in our DNA. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our culture. It’s our heritage. And more than ever, it’s our future. A future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to meet life’s moments. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. We look for people with passion, talent, and curiosity, and provide them with the teammates, resources and opportunities to unleash their full potential. The power we create together – when we combine your strengths with ours – is unstoppable. Are you ready to join a team that dreams as big as you do?
SALARY: $94,400-$112,100, bonus and long-term incentive eligible
LOCATION: Dallas, TX
Michelob ULTRA. Cutwater Spirits. Budweiser. Kona Brewing Co. Stella Artois. Bud Light. That’s right, over 100 of America’s most loved brands, to be exact. But there’s so much more to us than our top-notch portfolio of beers, seltzers, and more. We are powered by a 19,000-strong team that shares our passion to create a future with more cheers. We look for people with talent, curiosity, and commitment and provide the teammates, resources and opportunities to unleash their full potential. The power we create together – when we combine your strengths with ours – is unstoppable. Are you ready to join a team that dreams as big as you do?
We are growing! We are looking for a Category Manager with a passion for the Beer Industry. This position will work in a team environment with a focus on developing insights, identifying opportunities and communicating recommendations to lead future industry growth to our internal partners and external retail customers. Searching for an individual who takes ownership of their work and always pushes themselves and others to reach higher and achieve more.
- Build strong relationship with retailer as trusted category advisor across all areas of the Beer business
- Lead, motivate and drive strong engagement with multiple direct reports
- Effectively communicate, manage and prioritize workload for direct reports
- Develop impactful category analyses and consumer insights using a range of syndicated and non-syndicated data sources
- Synthesize learnings from various sources to create clear and impactful selling stories in a visually appealing manner using PowerPoint
- Effectively educate internal teammates and external customers on growth opportunities through clear and impactful communications
- Partner with Sales team to engage external retailer buying team in defined territories with goal of identifying opportunities to grow the Beer category
- Develop insights and identify opportunities when analyzing large data sets, translating findings and recommendations into a concise and effective selling story
- Confidently present insights, opportunities and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders in a persuasive manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Management, Engineering, Mathematics or similar field
- Category Management and/or Sales experience in consumer packaged goods industry
- Advanced proficiency utilizing Microsoft Excel to manipulate and organize data
- Moderate to Advanced proficiency utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint to organize and visualize the story line for presentations
- Moderate to Advanced proficiency with syndicated and shopper data, software, and measures (IRI, Nielsen, Numerator, Loyalty data, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with shelf management (JDA/Apollo) process and shelf strategy
- Professional leadership and management experience
- Master’s degree in business, computer science, information management, engineering, mathematics or similar field
- Experience with dash boarding software such as PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau, or Spotfire
Anheuser-Busch has always dreamed big. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our culture. It’s our heritage. And more than ever, it’s our future. A future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to meet life’s moments. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. To reimagine what a beer company can be. And what, together with our people and our partners, Anheuser-Busch can do. Our collective impact is significant. Over the last decade alone, we have contributed more than $400 million to charitable organizations that support our communities, provided over 90 million cans of emergency drinking water, and, together with our wholesaler partners, invested more than $1 billion into responsible drinking initiatives. At the heart of these investments is our shared commitment to community – providing opportunity for our people, lifting our neighbors, and making a meaningful difference in the world. This future is our purpose. A future that everyone can celebrate, and everyone can share in. A future with more cheers.
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Tax-Advantaged Savings and Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance and Disability Income Protection
- Generous Parental Leave and FMLA policies
- 401(k) Retirement Savings options with a company matching contribution
- Chance to work in a fast-paced environment among a company of owners
- Free Beer!
We're seeking passionate people who'll be inspired by brewing the world's most loved beers, building iconic brands and creating meaningful experiences...