Cellar Hand | Nellysford, VA
Cellar Hand | Bold Rock Cider - Nellysford, VA
We’re hiring! Looking for a fun, rewarding place to work? Become a part of our truly unique team!
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE OFFER
Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV) is a top 10 regional craft alcohol company in the US, made up of 5 long standing, successful craft brands (75+ combined years!): Victory Brewing, Bold Rock Cider, Sixpoint Brewery, Southern Tier Brewing & Southern Tier Distilling. We have locations in 5 states (NY, PA, OH, VA, NC) including taprooms, production facilities, & our corporate headquarters.
- Competitive Compensation
- Exceptional Health Benefits
- No Waiting Period to Enroll
- Immediate 401K Match & Vesting
- Paid Family Leave
- Flexible Schedules & Generous Paid Time Off
- Ample Product Discounts
- Opportunities for Growth Across 5 Successful Brands
WHAT WE DO
Bold Rock is boldly committed to building a crew of quality professionals who support all aspects of getting our freshly crafted cider into the hands of good people. Our dedicated team of cider makers crush and craft locally picked apples to create our variety of crisp and refreshing hard cider styles.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Cellar Hand’s primary responsibility is to support and follow instructions from the Cider Maker in ensuring efficient and high-quality manufacture of the range of products, from fermentation through to final blending and bottling. They will act as an effective member of the Liquids team and ensure no products are packaged that do not meet specifications.
Reports to: Cider Maker
- Carries out instructions on cider production and other products as determine by the Cider Maker.
- Discusses with the Cider Maker before making any changes or alterations to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensures quality cider production through the efficient execution of cellar operations under the direction of the Cider Maker.
- Works collaboratively with the whole cider making team, supporting their efforts to product exceptional cider products.
- Perform cidery duties when and where required.
- Actively seek opportunities as they arise to learn from the Cider Maker regarding cider making duties.
- Ensure that all products meet the set quality specifications.
- Ensure that all requirements of the food safety policy and other statutory regulations are adhered to.
- Inform the Senior Cider Maker immediately of any product that does not meet specifications & general issues.
- Learn how each piece of the plant and equipment work and how to get the best performance safely from each unit.
- Make every effort to keep strictly confidential, within the liquids team only, the various receipt and processes that constitute the company’s intellectual property. This includes not discussing with other staff or any members of the public.
- Maintenance schedule of pumps and spare parts inventory
- Maintenance, set up, and calibration schedule of flow meters
- Organization of liquids warehouse, storage, oven, hoses, etc.
- Helping ensure the production unit works as a team and there is a seamless flow from juicing to fermentation, blending, and bottling
- Work within the team to foster good relationships to ensure a healthy, effective, and efficient working environment
- Foster a safe working environment and ensure that you and those around you comply with all Health, Safety, and Environmental regulations, and policies
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Available to work 10 hour shifts - Thursday through Sunday - 6am - 4pm (with potential for overtime)
- Experience operating forklift or desire to gain qualifications necessary for safe and efficient operation of cidery
- Knowledge of fermentation science is ideal
- Ability to work in a mostly outdoor facility in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Use of hands to perform fine manipulation, handle or feel, and must be able to reach with hands and arms
- Identify product deficiencies (color, smell, taste); this requires having close, distance, color and peripheral vision as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Safely and properly handle hazardous materials in various size quantities, and operate complex moving machinery
The Cellar Hand will primarily perform work duties in production areas. While performing the duties of the job, the Cellar Hand is regularly exposed to a damp, wet environment with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals and moving machinery. There can be loud noise levels, and protective eyewear is required on the production floor at all times.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WE HAVE A PASSION FOR GREAT BEER