Description/Expectations: This position supports the Hospitality Department’s business model during its day-to-day operations. Tasks and responsibilities may vary depending on the day. Tasks may include, but are not limited to: Host, Merch, Take Out, Runner, Busser, Server/Bartender, Service Bartender. Closely follow opening and closing procedures for the Beer Hall. Be able to perform other tasks related to Front of House operation as assigned by the Hospitality Management team. The FOH operator will follow all rules and guidelines laid out by the City of Framingham, CDC, handbook policies, and company illness policy.
- Maintain great customer service under the Beer Hall’s counter service model; answer and assist customers when they have questions.
- Seats guests following guidelines, maintains occupancy restrictions, and sanitizes high touch point areas.
- Takes and manages all reservations.
- Assists other FOH operators when needed.
- Assist customers with orders (i.e. placing orders via Toast & GrubHub, bringing orders o a customer’s car outside of the beer hall)
- Completes orders with retail beer and merchandise to go.
- Maintains an accurate cash drawer.
- Follow inventory procedures for keeping the front of house appropriately stocked.
- Assist with general Beer Hall/Kitchen organization and cleanliness.
- Responsible for the precision of food and beverage dishes, delivering complete orders to the correct table or take out counter promptly and accurately.
- Runners pay extra attention to food allergies, restrictions and dietary preferences.
- Works closely with the counter service to ensure food and beverages accuracy.
- Communicate effectively with the manager on expo.
- Sanitize high touch areas.
- Maintain a clean & sanitary work environment, especially in high contact areas.
- Serves patrons by settling tables, placing and replacing silverware, clearing tables.
- Checks and maintains bathroom cleanliness.
- Assists customers by taking their food and beverage orders.
- Works closely with the runner to ensure food and beverage accuracy.
- Pays extra attention to food allergies, restrictions and dietary preferences.
- Maintains an accurate cash drawer and handles credit card transactions.
- Change kegs as necessary.
- Assist customers with basic needs at their tables.
- Assists counter service by fulfilling beverage orders through the service bar.
- Works closely with the runner to ensure beverage accuracy (i.e. proper pour, proper glassware, proper sizing)
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace. (i.e. cleans dirty glassware in glass dishwashers, restocks clean glassware on corresponding shelves, maintains clean countertops).
- Change kegs as necessary.
- Has strong verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable taking on tasks as assigned by the hospitality management team to ensure daily Front of House/kitchen operations
- Be on time for scheduled shifts
- Available for days, nights and weekend shifts of 5 hours or more.
- Must have Saturday and/or Sunday availability
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to bend, reach, twist and use your hands and arms
- Knowledge of Toast and GrubHub as a cashier/receiving or placing customer orders a plus.
- Has on-premise TIP Certification, or Alcohol Intervention Methods Certification a plus.
- Craft beer knowledge is a plus.
- Reliable transportation to and from Framingham, MA
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
We Live For Lagers