Cellar-Entry Level--Signing Bonus!!!!
Jack’s Abby Brewing is recruiting for a Cellar/Brewer for the Production Team. Jack’s Abby was founded in 2011 by three brothers, Jack, Eric and Sam Hendler. It is one of the fastest growing breweries in the country and known for making beautiful craft lagers under the Jack’s Abby Craft Lagers brand, as well as an innovative line of barrel-aged sours and new age ales under Springdale Beer Co.
This role is an entry level position into the cellar operations. No prior brewing or cellar experience is required for this role, we will train on site. Initial duties will include temperature checks, gravity checks and yeast dumps. CIP training and other cellar duties will follow. Jack’s Abby plans to brew around 60k barrels in 2022. Brew system is a CFT - 60 Barrel 4 vessel system- fully automated, CFT canning line and a GEA Westfalia GSC60 Centrifuge
- No prior cellaring or brewing experience required.
- Comfortable interacting with many different departments and individuals within the production department and throughout the company.
- Availability and flexibility to work between cellar and brewer schedule as schedule requires.
- Participate in day-to-day cellar operations including, but not limited to: Hop handling, yeast harvesting, transferring beer, dry hopping, packaging, CIP cycles, and general cleaning/organizing. Ensure that all beer is produced to QA standards and recipes.
- QC of beer throughout the brewing, fermentation, and packaging processes. Follow record keeping for cellaring and other related actions as required by department.
- Observe safety and security procedures and use equipment and materials in a safe and responsible manner. Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Knowledge/licensed to operate forklifts and other operating equipment.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned.
- Experience with Google Suite, Microsoft office applications is a plus.
- Teamwork focused and positive attitude, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work in a fast-moving, dynamic, and team-oriented environment.
- Problem solver: ability to take initiatives and communicate effectively.
- Organizational skills.
- Multilingual (English, Spanish, Ukranian and/or Portuguese) is a plus.
- Knowledge of the craft beer market/industry and appreciation of the culture that goes with it.
- Reliable transportation to Framingham, MA.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl.
- Physical work includes climbing stairs, climbing into tanks, pulling hoses, etc.
- Brewery environment:
- Conditions can run from wet, hot and cold conditions, depending on season.
- Ability to work in frequently loud environments.
- Ability/knowledge to safely work with chemicals present in the brewery.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and lift and/or move over 50 pounds with or without assistance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision start on day one,
- Employee meal Tuesday-Friday
- free case of our beer
- Signing bonus to be paid out after 90 days of successful work!
We Live For Lagers