Reports To: Plant Manager
Salary: Hourly rate of $18-22 commensurate with experience.
Founded in 2011 by three brothers, Jack, Eric, and Sam Hendler, Jack’s Abby has become a mainstay of the craft brewing scene in the Northeast and nationwide. The Hendler brothers grew up in a family that promoted entrepreneurship and hard work. Spending summers with their grandfather and working at the family’s ice distribution company, they learned the value of committed family members and loyal employees—the foundation of which Jack’s Abby is based. Our mission and passion is to create high-quality products that honor tradition and the spirit of inspired innovation. With an entrepreneurial heart and a passion for people, we take pride in learning from and contributing to our vibrant community. Jack’s Abby would be nothing without our growing team of dedicated people who are passionate about everything that needs to be done for Jack’s Abby to do what it does best—brew lagers. Join us! Jack’s Abby is seeking Facilities Cleaner candidates for their 100 Clinton Street location. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Facilities Cleaner performs general custodial work in connection with cleaning buildings and grounds. The Facilities Cleaner is responsible for providing a safe, clean and productive environment for all staff and brewery patrons.
- Cleaning and Custodial experience.
- Brewery experience a plus
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Is teamwork focused and has a positive attitude.
- Thrives under pressure and is able to meet deadlines.
- Excels in a fast-moving, dynamic, and team-oriented environment.
- Is a problem solver, and has the ability to take initiative.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and occasionally move 100 lbs.
This position requires weekend hours to accommodate the Beer Hall Schedule
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean brewery property such as: beer hall, offices, restrooms, corridors, lab, and kitchen. Typical items within these spaces requiring cleaning are: walls, all types of floors, windows, furniture, woodwork, toilets, sinks, and appliances.
- Employ all of the following cleaning methods: washing, waxing, buffing, sanitizing, sweeping, polishing, dusting and vacuuming, clean restrooms, in a method that sanitizes and thoroughly provides a fresh quality.
- Remove trash; empty and cleans waste barrels, garbage cans and other waste receptacles.
- Replace bathroom paper goods, light bulbs, batteries, or any required renewable products.
- Operate all types of cleaning equipment required to clean floors, carpets, tables, counters, and other surfaces in the beer hall/Springdale offices.
- Meet all appropriate work standards; punctual arrival and departure to and from work, proper accounting for time reports and proper notification of time absent from work.
- Move furniture, load and unload trucks and support Brewery events by setting up tables, chairs and other event equipment.
We Live For Lagers