Maintenance Welder and Fabricator
Reports To: Plant Manager
Salary: Hourly rate of $29
Founded in 2011 by three brothers, Jack, Eric, and Sam Hendler, Jack’s Abby has become a mainstay of the craft brewing scene in the Northeast and nationwide. The Hendler brothers grew up in a family that promoted entrepreneurship and hard work. Spending summers with their grandfather and working at the family’s ice distribution company, they learned the value of committed family members and loyal employees—the foundation of which Jack’s Abby is based. Our mission and passion is to create high-quality products that honor tradition and the spirit of inspired innovation. With an entrepreneurial heart and a passion for people, we take pride in learning from and contributing to our vibrant community. Jack’s Abby would be nothing without our growing team of dedicated people who are passionate about everything that needs to be done for Jack’s Abby to do what it does best—brew lagers. Join us! Jack’s Abby is seeking Welder/Fabricator candidates for their 100 Clinton Street location. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Welder and Fabricator is be primarily responsible for all sanitary welding of process piping in the plant. The position requires a certified sanitary welder/fabricator and a mechanically-inclined individual to perform hands-on work across the facility, assisting the Plant Manager and Maintenance Leads in their duties.
- Certified sanitary stainless steel welder
- Brewery experience a plus
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Is teamwork focused and has a positive attitude.
- Thrives under pressure and is able to meet deadlines.
- Excels in a fast-moving, dynamic, and team-oriented environment.
- Is a problem solver, and has the ability to take initiative.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and occasionally move 100 lbs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welding and fabrication on a variety of projects, primarily stainless steel
- OSHA-compliance and food-safe operation within all brewery facilities
- Reading and comprehending technical documents and datasheets
- Familiarity with mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical systems
- Execution of planned maintenance tasks for all production machines
- Understanding the functionality and operation of brewery machinery, how to return a dysfunctional process back to its normal state, and escalating issues to senior facilities staff and/or external technicians when necessary
- Responding to maintenance requests from the production team, and building a schedule to address issues as best fits the production agenda
- Innovate and improve on existing systems to meet the needs of the brewery
- Reporting issues, repairs, or plans for any permanent changes of the facility and its components directly to the manager of the physical plant
- Communicating project deadlines and timelines to brewery management
We Live For Lagers