Brand Manager - Avery Brewing Co. and Mahou Imports
Location: Grand Rapids, MI (hybrid work schedule)
The Brand Manager (BM) will play a critical role in understanding the consumer to create strategic brand plans, execution of marketing programs, and coordination across other marketing and company functions for Avery Brewing Company and Mahou import brands. The BM will also be the lead on in-depth data analysis to arrive at business insights that lead to actionable business decisions and actions. The BM must possess strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, project management skills to juggle multiple priorities at once, initiative and capacity to work independently, clear and articulate communication skills, and the ability to develop strong cross-functional relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Development of strategic and annual marketing plans in collaboration with other marketing functions including execution of said plans. Marketing plans will address all components of the marketing mix including promotion, new product launch plans, advertising, digital marketing, and market and consumer research.
- Be a brand steward, understanding the Avery and Mahou brands and consumers to craft marketing strategies that are consistent with the brand DNA and grow the business oversight of Marketing budget for Avery and Mahou brands. Responsible for delivering year-end budget at prescribed number and ownership of media budget.
- Lead development of creative briefs for in-house created campaigns/Marketing collateral to direct in-house Content Marketing team, providing context on strategy and consumer insights to help deliver high impact creative content.
- Joint management with Marketing Director and Digital Marketing Director of outside agencies to achieve brand objectives.
- Understand key business metrics (distribution, rate-of-sale, margin contribution, volume and brand health) and develop Marketing strategy that helps deliver on key goals for those metrics.
- Have an in-depth understanding of key marketing and sales programming that can impact the business.
- Work closely with Sales to ensure execution of marketing programs in the field and identify opportunities to grow the business in the trade.
- Interact cross-functionally with Finance, Sales, Retail, and Production to proactively identify and address problems or opportunities. Prioritize solutions and opportunities that will have the greatest impact.
- Represent the brand at trade events, consumer promotions, sales meetings, and with distributors and customers as needed.
- Be an active participant in the Mahou USA culture, living our principles and inspiring others to do the same.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University in Marketing, MBA preferred.
- 4+ years related marketing experience. Alcohol/beverage industry experience a plus. Brand Management in a CPG-related industry experience a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a complex, fast-paced environment and adaptable to change.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and strategic skills. Make complex ideas simple.
- Demonstrated ability in taking initiative to seek out opportunities and solve problems.
- Distinguished written and verbal communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills. Must have the confidence and ability to communicate and influence at all levels and across functions, outside and inside the company.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and correctly prioritize multiple projects.
- Positive attitude and infectious personal drive that energizes others.
- A valued team player that is a role model for collaboration.
- Knowledgeable of and active within major social media platforms.
- Conducts oneself professionally. Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Consistently achieves desired outcomes on time and with a minimum of avoidable errors and issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Beer First. The Rest Will Follow.