Production Brewer - Milford, CT
Athletic is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
- Reports to the Brewing Supervisor.
- Participate in basic brewing operations, including receiving/storing hops and grain.
- Participate in all aspects of wort production, including but not limited to:
- Preparing ingredients, milling, weighing, mashing, boiling, transferring, aeration, monitoring, and recording in written and digital format.
- Participate in all cellar activities, including but not limited to:
- Monitoring and recording, filtration media changes, filtration using a centrifuge, transfers, tank additions, cleaning, and sanitation.
- Participate in quality assurance by doing carbon dioxide and oxygen measurements, CIP verification, pH, and gravity readings.
- Professional and meticulous use of all chemicals in the brewery.
- Participate in yeast sample collection, harvest, and pitching.
- Participate in flash pasteurization.
- Responsible for product blending.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment and work with supporting departments to address deficiencies.
- Abide by all safety and good manufacturing practices.
- May assume Brewer I responsibilities when needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of the Athletic brewing process. The process is not to be discussed or repeated unless on a need-to-know basis.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Desired Experience/ Traits
Who You Are:
- Personal curiosity in learning and developing new skills.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, listening, critical thinking, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Honest, dependable, high integrity, team player, and passionate.
Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience in cellaring and brewing production.
- Strong technical understanding of the brewing process and sanitation.
- Experience with brewery maintenance and upkeep.
- Experience with troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Experience operating both manual and automated brewing equipment.
- Experience with operating a centrifuge filtration system.
- Experience with sanitation and cleaning systems.
- Experience with documentation, manual and electronic.
- Strong communication skills to work interdepartmentally.
- Location: Milford, CT
- Schedule: Rotating Schedule
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Company Paid health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave.
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- We value internal mobility and team equity
- We are an equal-opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Frequent exposure to heat and cold.
FIT FOR ALL TIMES