Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing have come together to form one of the top 15 largest breweries in the United States, building on the strong legacies of our celebrated heritages. We brew badass beers on both coasts at our breweries in Escondido, CA and Richmond, VA, and create amazing experiences at our Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens and Taproom locations. We’ve enjoyed a rich history following our passion and are in search of people who are equally passionate about pursuing their craft to join the team.
The Event Chef is responsible for applying amazing culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the event food preparation team and managing all food related catering functions. Accountable for coordinating menus, purchasing, scheduling, food preparation, and plating for catering events. Our Event Chef is responsible for delivering a consistent, high-quality meal with an appetizing presentation. Works to continually improve fan and team member satisfaction while adhering to and maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
- Ensure all food and products are consistently and timely prepared and served according to the event order recipe, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Partners with Event and Kitchen Management to attend and support daily Banquet Event Order meetings to review food production requirements and specifications
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies, and procedures, and oversee training of new kitchen team members to meet department/company objectives.
- Assist with making employment and termination decisions including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and separating with kitchen personnel as appropriate.
- Assist with team member onboarding, performance management, other employment changes, and updates
- Partners with kitchen management to meet estimated daily Banquet Event Order needs.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and organized, and is kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed by following all receiving policies and procedures.
- Responsible for controlling food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes, and waste control procedures.
- Responsible for scheduling labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems. Adheres to the highest levels of risk and safety.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions. Responsible for supporting and stepping in for other kitchen functions and roles as needed in the absence of event or banquet orders
- Assist with managing all inventory procedures.
- Create a motivational environment with open and effective communication through various methods such as one on one’s, quarterly check-ins, and team meetings.
- Use effective communication skills to partner with other company departments, leaders, vendors, and fans
- High School Diploma or GED. Culinary degree or equivalent preferred.
- At least 5 years of related experience and/or training as a Sous Chef or Banquet Chef of a food service operation; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- High-volume food production experience in excess of $1M.
- Must possess knowledge of the food industry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess a Servsafe and/or San Diego County Food Handlers Manager Card.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Travel Requirements: occasional travel to events and other Stone locations.
- Previous experience supervising food preparation and kitchen positions and ensuring maintenance of health and safety standards.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Pay Range: $67,000 - $74,000
- Annual Bonus Plan: Hospitality Incentive Plan
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, 401K, and Bonuses for Eligible Team Members
- Company beer perks program and discounts
- Paid Time Off – including Vacation accrual, Sick Leave, and 12 paid Holidays
- Benefit programs supporting Financial Wellness, Health & Wellness and Career Development
Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, various ability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing seeks to build a culturally diverse staff where differences are valued and respected. Women, minorities, individuals with various abilities, veterans, LGBTQ+ and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
The official leaders in the beer revolution