Host - Cigar City Brewing
This position is responsible for setting the tone for the dining experience. The Host is a friendly, courteous, caring, and enthusiastic individual who champions the definition of “great service” by making the customer feel comfortable from the moment they walk in the door.
- Takes pride in the host desk by keeping it organized and clean.
- Maintains and coordinates all activities at the host desk.
- Greets customers in a friendly and enthusiastic manner and manages the seating of all customers as quickly as possible while prioritizing all front desk responsibilities.
- Answers the restaurant phone within 3 rings in a friendly manner and offer assistance and answers to questions.
- Takes and assembles “to go” orders per standard procedures ensuring 100% accuracy on execution.
- Provides timely feedback to customers on the status of their table, if they are part of a large group, or the customers are wait-listed during peak times.
- Understands the liquor license regulations and ensure that customers are directed to the appropriate sections.
- Assists co-workers and managers on duty in all aspects of the ALOHA operations where possible.
- Maintains retail and to-go beer areas.
- Sets up, clean, restock and maintains retail area.
- Wipes down all menus and removes the daily specials inserts, empties garbage, wipes clean the daily specials board at the end of the day.
- Strict adherence to all DABC and identification laws.
- Demonstrates leadership and teamwork while working respectfully with all team members.
- Communicate clearly while demonstrating willingness to help all team members.
- Provide safe workplace environment for all staff members.
- Provide harassment free workplace of all staff members.
- Protect consumer health with strict adherence to all sanitary and safe food handling mandates and practices.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledgeable about the liquor laws and works in compliance with those laws.
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees.
- Ability to work all days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking responsibilities and remains calm under pressure.
- Basic office knowledge, helpful.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 10-25 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Part-Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Reports to: Manager on Duty
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED Required
Minimum Certification: Current Food Handlers Permit
Minimum Experience: 6+ Months
Age Requirement: 18 years or older
Required Travel: N/A
Driving Requirements: N/A
Tools & Equipment Used: POS Workstation
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
THE CRAFT BREWERY COLLECTIVE