Brewer Operator - Oskar Blues Brewery
This position is responsible for performing basic functions in the brewhouse with supervision.
- Entry level.
- Maintains all quality and safety standards set for wort production at CANarchy facilities.
- Knows where all raw materials are stored and general layout of the brewery.
- Correctly and accurately weighs and stages malt, hops, salts, and brewing aids as required.
- Operates mill effectively and according to SOP.
- Follows standard operating procedures to safely handle chemicals and hoses/vessels under pressure while wearing PPE.
- Logs information immediately and accurately.
- Completes general cleaning tasks (sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, vacuuming, and organizing).
- Maintains a clean and orderly workspace.
- Informs coworkers and management of any problems immediately.
- Performs facility-specific duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate reliability, punctuality, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate willingness to ask questions before proceeding with unsurety.
- Ability to demonstrate responsible and well-informed decision making.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 10-75 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls. May be required to work weekend and overnight shifts.
Employment Type:Full Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly, $20.45+ (depending on experience)
Supervisor: Brewer Manager (or Operations Manager, if applicable)
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent Required
Minimum Certification: N/A
Minimum Experience: N/A
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: 0%
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Brewery equipment, Pallet Jack, Forklift, Scissor Lift
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
THE CRAFT BREWERY COLLECTIVE