Cellar Lead - Oskar Blues Brewery
Execute all facets of beer production from wort knockout through clarification and perform all cellar tasks without supervision. Manage special project(s) related to process improvement for the department and facility. Actively lead team(s) of Cellar Operators and Technicians.
Full Time Benefits Include
- Starting at $24.80/hr+ (depending on experience)
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) matching up to 4% (Roth optional)
- Life Insurance
- STD & LTD, and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Anniversary Recognition
- Employee beer, merchandise, and food discounts
- Maintain all quality and safety standards set for beer production at CANarchy facilities.
- Mastery of all Cellar Operator 1, Operator 2, and Technician 1 tasks.
- Audit raw materials and ensure accuracy of bill of materials, brand specs, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on cellar equipment.
- Engage in improvement projects coordinated by Cellar Manager and/or Operations Manager.
- Actively support Cellar Manager and/or Operations Manager in team management tasks and initiatives.
- Communicates effectively and timely using either email, phone, text or verbal tools.
- Support training of Cellar Operator 1, Operator 2, Technician 1 and Technician 2 personnel.
- Perform facility-specific duties as required or assigned.
- Support other departments when situations warrant and make connections between processes.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate leadership and facilitate communication between departments.
- Demonstrate reliability, punctuality, and ability to multi-task.
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate willingness to ask questions before proceeding with uncertainty.
- Demonstrate responsible and well-informed decision making.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 10-75 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls. May be required to work weekend and evening shifts.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Supervisor: Cellar Manager (or Operations Manager if applicable)
Manages Others: Yes
Minimum Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required
Minimum Certification: N/A
Minimum Experience: 2-3 years production brewery experience
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: 0%
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Brewery equipment, Pallet Jack, Forklift and Scissor Lift
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
THE CRAFT BREWERY COLLECTIVE