Cellar Operator - Oskar Blues Brewery
This position is responsible for performing the basic functions in the cellar with supervision.
Full Time Benefits Include
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) matching up to 4% (Roth optional)
- Life Insurance
- STD & LTD, and AD&D
- Paid Time Off
- Anniversary Recognition
- Employee beer, merchandise, and food discounts
- Maintains all quality standards and safety set for beer production at CANarchy facilities.
- Knows where all raw materials are stored and general layout of the brewery.
- Correctly and accurately weighs and stages hops, adjuncts and brewing aids as required for cellar operations.
- Transfers beer via hard and soft piping to finishing vessels.
- Cleans and maintains fermentation and finishing vessels according to standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Monitors fermentation by testing gravity, temperature, pH, etc. as required and according to SOP.
- Adjusts fermentation vessel temperatures as required and according to SOP.
- Applies treatments such as dry hops, wood, or other additives according to SOP.
- Monitors and corrects the carbonation of beer prior to packaging.
- Assembles and breaks down appropriate hoses and parts configuration depending on process.
- Follows SOP’s to safely handle chemicals and hoses/vessels under pressure while wearing PPE.
- Drops yeast from fermentation vessels safely and cleanly as required and according to SOP.
- Logs information immediately and accurately.
- Completes general cleaning tasks (sweeping, scrubbing, organizing, etc.).
- Maintains a clean and orderly workspace.
- Escalates problems to coworkers and management immediately.
- Begins training on clarifying/separating equipment according to SOP.
- Performs facility-specific duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate reliability, punctuality, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate willingness to ask questions before proceeding with unsurety.
- Ability to demonstrate responsible and well-informed decision making.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 10-75 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls. May be required to work weekend and overnight shifts.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Pay Range: $20.45 + (depending on experience)
Supervisor: Cellar Manager (or Operations Manager, if applicable)
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
Minimum Certification: N/A
Minimum Experience: N/A
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: 0%
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Brewery equipment, Pallet Jack, Forklift, Scissor Lift
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
THE CRAFT BREWERY COLLECTIVE