Lab Operator - Oskar Blues Brewery
Entry level. Perform basic QA/QC functions in the lab with supervision. This position reports to the Lab Manager.
- Maintain all quality and safety standards set for beer production at CANarchy facilities.
- Prepare analytical standards and microbiological media.
- Obtain samples from various points of the beer production process, aseptically as required.
- Conduct and/or facilitate basic analytical, microbiological, and sensory analysis on product, yeast, process, and water samples.
- Log information immediately and accurately, across multiple logs.
- Report out analytical data across facility via email.
- Follow standard operating procedures to safely handle chemicals and hoses/vessels under pressure while wearing PPE.
- Maintain lab glassware and other equipment.
- Use Microsoft Excel to conduct QC spec checks, data interpretation, and trending analyses.
- Complete general cleaning tasks (sweeping, scrubbing, organizing, etc.).
- Maintain a clean and orderly lab workspace.
- Escalate problems to coworkers and management immediately.
- Performs facility-specific duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate reliability, punctuality, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate willingness to ask questions before proceeding with unsurety.
- Ability to demonstrate responsible and well-informed decision making.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 10-75 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls. May be required to work weekend and evening shifts.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly, starting at $20.45+ (depending on experience)
Supervisor: Lab Manager
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology or Related Field
Minimum Certification: N/A
Minimum Experience: N/A
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: 0%
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Brewery lab equipment (e.g. micropipettes, microscope, UV/Vis spectrophotometer, pH meter, autoclave, Alcolyzer, densitometer, etc.)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
THE CRAFT BREWERY COLLECTIVE