Fifth Hammer is currently seeking an enthusiastic, driven, passionate, and knowledgeable Sales Manager to (a) support and deepen existing relationships with retail customers throughout the city and state, (b) introduce new retailers to the Fifth Hammer brand, and (c) oversee all sales and distribution of Fifth Hammer beer in New York State.
- Visiting existing and prospective retail customers (in-person) on a regular basis to highlight existing and upcoming beer offerings, listen to any feedback they may provide, and generally foster and maintain a positive relationship with retail customers.
- Strengthening relationships with existing retail customers and keeping those customers engaged with the Fifth Hammer brand.
- Developing new customer relationships through a combination of in-person, telephonic, and written (email/text) sales efforts.
- Working directly with ownership to develop sales strategies and initiatives.
- Serving as an exemplary representative of the Fifth Hammer brand through positive interactions with retail customers, beer festival attendees, and other breweries.
- Creating our weekly “sales blast,” which highlights new beer(s) available each week, describes all inventory available for sale, and contains pricing information.
- Participating in special events, festivals, tastings, tap takeovers, and other marketing activities on behalf of Fifth Hammer.
- Receiving all orders from retail customers, processing these orders into a spreadsheet, and working with our delivery drivers to ensure these orders are efficiently routed and delivered.
- When needed, delivering beer throughout the city in the Fifth Hammer van. This is not a delivery position, but the ability to deliver beer occasionally is preferred.
- Communicating strategic priorities, driving and managing key initiatives, and develop systems to regularly track and manage sales.
- Soliciting and gaining product visibility and presence of Fifth Hammer beer in key accounts.
- Communicating and working with management on social media needs, market trends/opportunities, and sales progress.
- Providing continuing beer education for accounts and consumers.
- Industry experience – whether working in craft beer sales and distribution, working at beer-centric hospitality establishments, or working at a brewery – is required. Prior experience selling craft beer is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to speak confidently and professionally in front of groups while conducting tastings, trainings, and promotions.
- The ability to describe the attributes of Fifth Hammer beer to customers (a) during in-person sales/marketing events, and (b) for the purpose of drafting our weekly sales blast to retail accounts.
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to describe beer in written form, draft weekly sales blasts to retail accounts, correspond with customers via email, and use Slack to communicate with team members.
- Computer proficiency: the ability to use email, Google Sheets, Quickbooks, and Slack.
- A clean driving record and the ability and willingness to occasionally deliver beer are strongly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Passionate work ethic and demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Sound judgment and professional maturity.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual salary: $50,000 - $60,000, plus the possibility of discretionary quarterly bonuses of up to $2,500 per quarter for exceptional performance.
- After three months of full-time employment, the Sales Manager will be eligible to participate in Fifth Hammer’s Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangement (QSEHRA) program, which allows for tax-free reimbursement of up to $300/month towards health insurance premiums and/or healthcare expenses.
- Paid time off: 120/hours per year. These may be used for any purpose, including illness, vacation, or any other personal reason.
- In addition to paid time off, there are 7 additional paid holidays each year: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.