Material Handler | Mills River, NC
Material Handler | Bold Rock, Mills River, NC
We’re hiring! Looking for a fun, rewarding place to work? Become a part of our truly unique team!
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE OFFER
Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV) is a top 10 regional craft alcohol company in the US, made up of 5 long standing, successful craft brands (75+ combined years!): Victory Brewing, Bold Rock Cider, Sixpoint Brewery, Southern Tier Brewing & Southern Tier Distilling. We have locations in 5 states (NY, PA, OH, VA, NC) including taprooms, production facilities, & our corporate headquarters.
- Competitive Compensation
- Exceptional Health Benefits
- No Waiting Period to Enroll
- Immediate 401K Match & Vesting
- Paid Family Leave
- Flexible Schedules & Generous Paid Time Off
- Ample Product Discounts
- Opportunities for Growth Across 5 Successful Brands
WHAT WE DO
Bold Rock is boldly committed to building a crew of quality professionals who support all aspects of getting our freshly crafted cider into the hands of good people. Our dedicated team of cider makers crush and craft locally picked apples to create our variety of crisp and refreshing hard cider styles.
We find people with positive personalities, fun-loving spirits, and hard-working cores to bring their experience along as they join our enthusiasm to produce the best cider there is. We have bold teams in North Carolina (Asheville & Mills River) and Virginia (Nellysford & Charlottesville).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Material Handler at Bold Rock uses a forklift, is responsible for supporting cellar operations. This includes packaging lines, rotating stock, unloading & checking in raw materials and/or picking, packing, shipping, fulfillment orders and other warehouse task depending on operational needs. The Material Handler reports to the Warehouse Manager.
- Safely operate a propane powered forklift for 8 hours daily
- Work in a high pace, multi-tasking environment
- Responsible for entering accurate production numbers
- Daily coordination with other shifts and departments
- Conducting spot checks as requested by the Supply Chain Department
- Supply the packaging lines with the materials needed to keep production on pace
- Accurately pick, ship, and load trucks with orders for worldwide enjoyment
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in a warehouse environment
- Forklift experience is a must
- Detail oriented and ability to multi task
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including varied shifts determined by management and dictated by business/facility
- Candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another by sliding it on the floor.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver's license check
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures of the worksite
- You must be at least 21 years of age
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
Alcohol Responsibility – The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only the company, but of the alcohol beverage industry. They are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the company or its affiliates. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action up to and including termination.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WE HAVE A PASSION FOR GREAT BEER