Packaging Associate | Mills River, NC
Packaging Associate | Bold Rock, Mills River, NC
We’re hiring! Looking for a fun, rewarding place to work? Become a part of our truly unique team!
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE OFFER
Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV) is a top 10 regional craft alcohol company in the US, made up of 5 long standing, successful craft brands (75+ combined years!): Victory Brewing, Bold Rock Cider, Sixpoint Brewery, Southern Tier Brewing & Southern Tier Distilling. We have locations in 5 states (NY, PA, OH, VA, NC) including taprooms, production facilities, & our corporate headquarters.
- Competitive Compensation
- Exceptional Health Benefits
- No Waiting Period to Enroll
- Immediate 401K Match & Vesting
- Paid Family Leave
- Flexible Schedules & Generous Paid Time Off
- Ample Product Discounts
- Opportunities for Growth Across 5 Successful Brands
WHAT WE DO
Bold Rock is boldly committed to building a crew of quality professionals who support all aspects of getting our freshly crafted cider into the hands of good people. Our dedicated team of cider makers crush and craft locally picked apples to create our variety of crisp and refreshing hard cider styles.
We find people with positive personalities, fun-loving spirits, and hard-working cores to bring their experience along as they join our enthusiasm to produce the best cider there is. We have bold teams in North Carolina (Asheville & Mills River) and Virginia (Nellysford & Charlottesville).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a vital part of the Bold Rock team, Packaging Associates are responsible for performing daily tasks to meet packaging schedules. He/she is responsible for operating the packaging equipment, including, but not limited to; carton/carrier erection machines, depalletizers, drop packers (glass), case wrappers (cans), tray packers (cans), case sealers and palletizers, as well as any manual tasks necessary to the overall packaging operation. The Packaging Associate is responsible for always maintaining a clean, safe working environment, to ensure that the beers that are packaged are of the highest quality, packaged in the best ways possible.
Reports to: Packaging Supervisor
- Ensures that all daily packaging activities on the bottling and can lines in Mills River are executed safely and in accordance with SOPs.
- Responsible for operating packaging equipment (box shop, depalletizers, packers, wrappers, sealers, palletizers).
- Responsible for performing manual packaging operations, as needed (hand packing, hand stacking).
- Performs miscellaneous tasks and projects as directed by the Packaging Supervisor, including, but not limited to; cleaning, painting, disposing of old product, assembling packaging, taking inventory, light maintenance, etc.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Familiarity with brewery safety programs and priority commitment to worker safety
- An understanding of brewery sanitation and food safety programs
- An understanding of packaging equipment operation
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism
Physical Requirements – Candidate should be able to lift at least 30lbs. from ground level and should also be able to move 165lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another. Candidate should be physically capable of standing for long periods of time and able to kneel, stoop, crouch or crawl. Be willing and able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours) while reaching, bending, stooping and frequently lift.
Alcohol Responsibility – The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only the company, but of the alcohol beverage industry. They are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the company or its affiliates. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Work Environment – While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to cool, damp (32 degrees and below) temperatures, airborne particles, chemicals, and moving machinery. The noise level in the work environment can be very loud.
Supervisory Responsibility – This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WE HAVE A PASSION FOR GREAT BEER