Brew House & Cellar Shift Supervisor | Parkesburg, PA
Brew House and Cellar Shift Supervisor | Victory Brewing Company - Parkesburg, PA
We’re hiring! Looking for a fun, rewarding place to work? Become a part of our truly unique team!
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE OFFER
Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV) is a top 10 regional craft alcohol company in the US, made up of 5 long standing, successful craft brands (75+ combined years!): Victory Brewing, Bold Rock Cider, Sixpoint Brewery, Southern Tier Brewing & Southern Tier Distilling. We have locations in 5 states (NY, PA, OH, VA, NC) including taprooms, production facilities, & our corporate headquarters.
- Competitive Compensation
- Exceptional Health Benefits
- No Waiting Period to Enroll
- Immediate 401K Match & Vesting
- Paid Family Leave
- Flexible Schedules & Generous Paid Time Off
- Ample Product Discounts
- Opportunities for Growth Across 5 Successful Brands
WHAT WE DO
Victory Brewing is a committed, industry leader who over the last 25 years, has grown to be a world-renowned craft brewery, and the second largest craft brand family in our home state of Pennsylvania.
We find people looking to bring their experience, enthusiasm & desire to work with others to a fun, rewarding place to work as we continue to produce industry changing craft beer. We have growing, empowered and trusted teams in Downingtown, Kennett Square, Parkesburg, and Philadelphia.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Brew House and Cellar Shift Supervisors are integral, first line management positions, proficient in all departmental operations within the brewery. The position supervises and coordinates brew/cellar staff, working towards production schedule execution by competently monitoring production operations to produce outstanding craft product in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs). The Brew House and Cellar Shift Supervisor will coach and mentor brewers.
Reports to: Brewing Manager
- Exhibit and maintain proficiency in brewing making tasks required of a brewer in a 40,000+ bbl/year brewery including fermentation, blending, and various filtration methods.
- Act as a first responder to production brewer/cellar hand questions, issues and concerns.
- Provide pertinent follow up information to inter-brewery shift leads, brewery managers, maintenance team, quality assurance team and scheduling.
- Adhere to SOPs to elevate process control and minimize variability from operator to operator. Provide edits and improvements to SOPs, as needed.
- Ensure cleanliness and sanitation of environment and equipment in accordance with QA/QC standards, implementing improvements where appropriate.
- Champion safety protocols in all activities, participating in improvements to safety standards where appropriate.
- Work week is based on a 40+ hour schedule and a 24-hour 7 day per week operating plan. Due to production needs, overtime may be required.
- Ability to work a flexible rotating shift schedule is a requirement. Actual shift schedule will be determined jointly with production team and management to meet our business needs.
- Fill shifts as necessitated by vacations, staffing levels, necessary overtime.
- Ensure all equipment is operating safely, at maximum efficiency and maintained to the highest standards by supporting the maintenance department schedule. Submit work orders as necessary for equipment.
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency to problem solving through practicing and perfecting root cause analysis.
- Conduct periodic one on one meetings with Brew House and Cellar Operators/Cellar Hands to establish and develop individual development plans.
- Provide feedback on performance reviews for Assistant Brewers and Production Brewers, in concert with the Brewing Manager/Cellar Hands.
- Participate in the interview process for new associates, as well as manage departmental on-boarding and training.
- Support initiatives to ensure minimal waste during manufacturing.
- Lead initiatives to reduce loss, improve capacity and/or reduce cost.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 3 years of direct supervision of manufacturing operations team and/or engineering education and experience.
- Food and beverage and 24 hour a day manufacturing experience preferred.
- Professional brewing experience is a strong plus.
- Willing and capable to quickly learn brewery operations and systems including brewing, cellaring, packaging, and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to follow preventative maintenance plans in a production environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Display both a sense of urgency and an upbeat attitude.
- High School Diploma or GED required; college degree in the applicable fields of Brewing Science, Food Science, Chemistry and Engineering considered a plus.
- Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in Word, Excel & Power Point.
- Strong attention to details is required.
Candidate should be able to lift at least 30lbs. from ground level and should also be able to move 165lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another. Candidate should be physically capable of standing for long periods of time and able to kneel, stoop, crouch or crawl.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WE HAVE A PASSION FOR GREAT BEER