Packaging Operator, 1st Shift | Lakewood, NY
Packaging Operator, 1st Shift | Lakewood, NY
We’re hiring! Looking for a fun, rewarding place to work? Become a part of our truly unique team!
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE OFFER
Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV) is a top 10 regional craft alcohol company in the US, made up of 5 long standing, successful craft brands (75+ combined years!): Victory Brewing, Bold Rock Cider, Sixpoint Brewery, Southern Tier Brewing & Southern Tier Distilling. We have locations in 5 states (NY, PA, OH, VA, NC) including taprooms, production facilities, & our corporate headquarters.
- Competitive Compensation
- Exceptional Health Benefits
- No Waiting Period to Enroll
- Immediate 401K Match & Vesting
- Paid Family Leave
- Flexible Schedules & Generous Paid Time Off
- Ample Product Discounts
- Opportunities for Growth Across 5 Successful Brands
WHAT WE DO
Coming from humble beginnings, Southern Tier Brewing Company has grown into an industry leader and world-class brewery. For us, exploration has been the line that has supported that growth over the years.
We find people who know it’s not just about craft, but about questing, questioning, transforming “What If” into “Here’s How,” by way of an experiment so crazy, it just might work. We have an open invitation to anyone interested in brining their experience & desire to discovery, to help with the exploration. Join our teams on the road less traveled in Lakewood, NY, Pittsburgh, PA, Buffalo, NY, and Cleveland, OH.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
At Southern Tier, the Packaging Operator is responsible for performing daily tasks of meeting packaging schedules. He/she is responsible for operating and maintaining the packaging equipment, including, but not limited to; carton/carrier erection machines, depalletizers, drop packers (glass), case wrappers (cans), tray packers (cans), case sealers, palletizers, labelers (glass), fillers (glass & can), crowners (glass), seamers (can), date coders and x-ray inspection equipment, as well as any manual tasks necessary to the overall packaging operation. The Packaging Operator is responsible for always maintaining a clean, safe working environment, to insure that the beers that are packaged are of the highest quality, packaged in the best ways possible.
Reports to: Packaging Supervisor
- Ensures that all daily packaging activities on the bottling and can lines in Lakewood are executed safely and in accordance with SOPs
- Responsible for maintaining of a clean work area, free from waste, glass, cardboard, ext.
- Responsible for the correct attachment of packaging machine to the bright tanks, to prevent contamination of the machine or the bright tank.
- Responsible for ensuring that the finished product is correct (right beer, label, crown, bottle and packaging)
- Performs miscellaneous tasks and projects as directed by the Packaging Supervisor, including, but not limited to; cleaning, painting, disposing of old product, assembling packaging, taking inventory, light maintenance, etc.
- If needed responsible for operating packaging equipment (box shop, depalletizers, packers, wrappers, sealers, palletizers) or work in other department as necessary.
- Responsible for the task of performing and completing PM projects as directed by supervisor or maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for reporting any quality issues with glass, packaging or mechanical issues with machinery to the appropriate authority.
- When necessary, responsible for the CIP process on machinery and ensuring the correct concentration of cleaning chemicals.
- To assist in the assurance that the packaging line is running to maximum efficiency.
- The ability to work with QA to ensure the timely correction of quality issues.
- The ability to work with less experienced personnel to improve their skills.
- The ability to resolve maintenance issues with packaging equipment without the assistance of maintenance personnel.
- Ensures that all tasks, as indicated by Maintenance & Cleaning Logs, are completed in all areas of packaging.
- Responsible for fill level checks
- Responsible for insuring that DO, CO2, and TPO analysis of packaged product are within specification
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum one year of experience as a Packaging Associate or equivalent
- Familiarity with brewery safety programs and priority commitment to operator safety
- Basic knowledge of brewing and cellaring processes
- The ability to manage a diverse team of associates
- Exceptional communication skills
- An understanding of brewery sanitation and food safety programs
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism
- Occasionally sit or stand for long periods of time
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop and crouch. This position requires the ability to routinely and repeatedly lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds repeatedly
- Use their hands to perform fine manipulation, handle or feel, and must be able to reach with their hands and arms
- Identify product deficiencies (color, smell, taste); this requires having close, distance, color and peripheral vision as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Safely and properly handle hazardous materials in various size quantities, and operate complex moving machinery
- The Packaging Operator will primarily perform work duties in production areas
- While performing the duties of the job, the Head Brewer is regularly exposed to a damp, wet environment with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals and moving machinery. There can be loud noise levels, and protective eyewear is required on the production floor at all times.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WE HAVE A PASSION FOR GREAT BEER