Sous Chef | Pittsburgh, PA
Sous Chef, Southern Tier Brewing Company | Pittsburgh, PA
We’re hiring! Looking for a fun, rewarding place to work? Become a part of our truly unique team!
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE OFFER
Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV) is a top 10 regional craft alcohol company in the US, made up of 5 long standing, successful craft brands (75+ combined years!): Victory Brewing, Bold Rock Cider, Sixpoint Brewery, Southern Tier Brewing & Southern Tier Distilling. We have locations in 5 states (NY, PA, OH, VA, NC) including taprooms, production facilities, & our corporate headquarters.
- Competitive Compensation
- Exceptional Health Benefits
- No Waiting Period to Enroll
- Immediate 401K Match & Vesting
- Paid Family Leave
- Flexible Schedules & Generous Paid Time Off
- Ample Product Discounts
- Opportunities for Growth Across 5 Successful Brands
WHAT WE DO
Coming from humble beginnings, Southern Tier Brewing Company has grown into an industry leader and world-class brewery. For us, exploration has been the line that has supported that growth over the years.
We find people who know it’s not just about craft, but about questing, questioning, transforming “What If” into “Here’s How,” by way of an experiment so crazy, it just might work. We have an open invitation to anyone interested in brining their experience & desire to discovery, to help with the exploration. Join our teams on the road less traveled in Lakewood, NY, Buffalo, NY, Pittsburgh, PA, and Cleveland, OH.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Sous Chef, you’ll use your experience in a full service, high-volume restaurant. You will be committed to continuously striving for & delivering an outstanding guest experience and have a strong passion for culinary excellence.
- Conduct daily line ups, cleaning, cooking, and line set schedules consistent with direction given by Executive Chef & GM
- Oversee training and hiring processes that encompass the company’s commitment to establishing a strong work ethic and culture
- Use creativity in working with Executive Chef to develop culinary menus for weekly featured selections, private event menus, and occasional special events
- Work with Executive Chef to concoct unique ways to pair our craft beer platform with our menu design, such as during seasonal and limited beer release offerings
- Be a strong role model and supervisor for all back-of-house staff
- Manage opening and closing procedures of restaurant as scheduled
- Ownership for inventory management and supplies procurement
- Respond and address to any customer complaints in accordance with company policy
- Follow all restaurant safety procedures and take on the role of safety manager in advising and working with back-of-house staff; includes focus on hazard control points, sanitary food handling practices, adherence to all safety and health regulation of county health department
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of 2 years of restaurant industry experience
- Serve Safe Certified
- Strong knowledge of craft beer and/or serious interest in understanding and learning about methods of using beer in cooking and food pairings
- Clear communicator when working with managers, kitchen and dining room employees and staff
- Physically capable of lifting and moving at least 50 pounds
- Ability to hold a flexible work schedule and work in a fast-paced environment
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WE HAVE A PASSION FOR GREAT BEER