Summary: The Host is the first impression our guests get of the Beer Garden and Restaurant, therefore, it is extremely important that our Hosts maintain the SABC image and are friendly and welcoming at all times. Hosts greet customers when they arrive and seat customers when their table is ready.
- Being a promotional spokesman for Saint Arnold; this is a part of everybody’s job description
- Be prepared to work at designated start time
- Greet guests upon arrival and create a welcoming environment for all guest
- Determine ideal table for guests based on party size, guest preference and company procedures
- Take name and party size if seating is not immediately available
- Manage waiting list and provide accurate wait times when asked
- Take guests to their table and insure a smooth handoff to their waiter
- Proactively communicate guest needs, potential concerns and overall restaurant status to servers and managers
- Maintain a clean environment for our guests
- Answer incoming phone calls and assist as needed
- Accommodate all guest requests, if possible
- Ensure tables are prepared for guests
- Responsible for the merchandise area including cleanliness, inventory, guest service (including upselling where appropriate) and collecting payment.
- Following the company cash handling policy at all times
- Opening and closing duties as required
- Know and follow all laws, rules, regulations and company policies regarding the serving of alcoholic beverages and proper food handling; this is a part of everybody’s job description.
- Work as a team with all coworkers
- Thank guests as they depart and ensure their expectations were met
- All other duties as assigned
- Prior restaurant experience preferred
- Basic computer skills needed for POS and Host Management Software operation
- Basic math and money handling skills
- Ability to multitask is a must
- TABC seller certification and Texas Food Handler’s Training required prior to start and must be maintained throughout tenure
- Ability to be attentive to guest needs
- Ability to maintain patience with guests and coworkers in difficult situations
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to communicate in English (read, write and speak). Additional language skills are a plus
- Be a craft beer lover!
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Ability to think quickly and creatively to address unique guest needs
Texas' Oldest Craft Brewery