Position: Line Cook
Job Classification: Part-time; Year-Round
Reports to: Sous Chef
Pay Rate: Hourly starting at $15.00, based on experience
Tröegs Brewing Company is a family-owned company with a passion for making great beer. We look for employees who share our uncompromising vision. We value highly skilled people who can get along with others and maintain a positive working environment. We are seeking an outgoing individual who is passionate about food and beer to work in our Snack Bar Kitchen.
Ready to make the leap to a top-tier kitchen? Don’t let the name fool you. Our ‘Snack Bar’ serves up scratch-made small bites, salads, sandwiches, entrees, sweets and more. The kitchen is right smack in the middle of the action here at Tröegs. You’ll share space with our 100-barrel brewhouse and seating for 300 and counting. Our menu changes seasonally, and every day you’ll be working with interesting fresh – and often local – ingredients. If you’re open to learning new techniques and diving into the marriage of beer and food, let’s talk.
· Prepares a variety of dishes using broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
· Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
· Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
· Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
· Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, floors, grills, broilers, fryers, flat top, and refrigeration equipment.
· Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
· Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly.
· Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods, as needed.
· Opens and closes the kitchen properly and follows all checklists for kitchen stations. Assists others in opening and closing the kitchen.
· Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
· Follows all customer service guidelines in interactions with guests.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by the Sous Chef or manager-on-duty.
Key Job Skills:
· Some professional cooking experience preferred.
· At least 6 months of restaurant experience.
· A positive attitude and a desire to learn and accept constructive feedback.
· Must work well independently as well as with the team.
· Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, reach and walk constantly for long periods of time – up to 7 hours
- Ability to safely navigate the Tasting Room and Snack Bar areas including crowded spaces, wet/slippery floors, hot or sharp kitchen equipment and tools, and/or stairs
- Ability to lift, carry and maneuver boxes, equipment and supplies of a variety of weights, with or without the assistance of a coworker
- 10-30 hour workweek
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays. Must have flexible scheduling availability.
Tröegs Brewing Company is a climate-controlled brewing and packaging facility. The following is a representative list of what a co-worker might encounter during a typical work day:
- Hot water,
- Pressurized vessels, and
- Loud working areas.
Co-workers regularly handle hazardous materials and regularly come in contact with broken glass and wet floors while working in close proximity to moving mechanical parts.
Troegs Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Troegs Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Troegs Brewing Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
FAMILY-OWNED. INDEPENDENTLY CRAFTED.