Job Classification: Part-time; Year-Round
Reports to: Tasting Room Manager
Pay Rate: Hourly, plus tips
Hours: Monday-Sunday (15-30 hours per week)
Tröegs Brewing Company is a family-owned company with a perpetual curiosity for making great beer and great food. We look for co-workers who share our uncompromising vision. We value highly-skilled people who can get along with others and maintain a positive working environment. We are seeking an outgoing individual who is passionate about beer to work in our in our Tasting Room.
As a member of the Tasting Room team, your main function will be to support servers during operating hours. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and ample customer interaction. At least 6 months previous restaurant experience is desirable.
• Arrive punctually, in a complete, clean and pressed uniform
• Replenish inventory (gathers and puts away) throughout the shift
• Complete regular cleaning cycles around the Tasting Room emptying trash cans
• Clean, wash and put away glassware and small wares
• Bus tables and sweep floors
• Keep a supply of clean napkins, coasters, baskets, stirrers, silverware and dishware
• Clean any spillage and remove any broken glasses or plates
• Change kegs and restock keg inventory according to First In, First Out policy.
• Serve food to the guests based on the Order Slip as needed
• Clean the bar, booths and bar stools as needed
• Clean, and restock the restrooms throughout the shift
• Gather dirty dishes and trash from the self-guided tour path regularly
Key Job Skills:
• Outstanding communication skills
• Quick, efficient and organized
• Good beer knowledge
• Dependability, enthusiasm, cheerful demeanor, and a willingness to learn
• Hardworking, self-starter, desire to advance within the company
• Ability to stand, bend, stoop, reach and walk constantly for long periods of time – up to 7 hours
• Ability to safely navigate the Tasting Room and Snack Bar areas including crowded spaces, wet/slippery floors, hot or sharp kitchen equipment and tools, and/or stairs
• Ability to lift, carry and maneuver cases of beer weighing up to 35 lbs.
• Ability to lift, carry and maneuver full ½ barrel kegs weighing up to 200 lbs. with the assistance of another co-worker
• Less than 30 hours per week
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays, as needed.
Tröegs Brewing Company is a climate-controlled brewing and packaging facility. The following is a representative list of what a co-worker might encounter during a typical work day:
• Hot water,
• Pressurized vessels, and
• Loud working areas.
Co-workers regularly handle hazardous materials and regularly come in contact with broken glass and wet floors while working in close proximity to moving mechanical parts.
Phone calls will not be accepted. If we feel you are a potential candidate, we will call you.
Troegs Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Troegs Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Troegs Brewing Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
FAMILY-OWNED. INDEPENDENTLY CRAFTED.