The Packaging Supervisor reports to the Production Manager and is responsible for daily packaging activities, including canning, keg racking, and finished pallet preparation. Candidates must share Craft ‘Ohana’s commitment to its four operating pillars: Quality of Products, Quality of Life, Quality of Business Practices, and Quality of Manufacturing Operations.
THE EVERYDAY VIEW
· Knowledge and operation of all canning line machines such as tray former, depalletizer, filler, seamer, level inspector, ring applicator, and off-pack station.
· Knowledge and operation of keg washer and automated racking line.
· Lead packaging crew in daily operations ensuring proper operation of equipment and use of time
· Display working knowledge of fluid mechanics, clean-in-place, and beverage filling
· Ensure safe operation of packaging functions
· Maintain a record of each packaging run
· Ensure total package quality is achieved in cooperation with VP of Operations, QA/QC Supervisor, and Production Manager
· Attend and contribute to weekly Production meetings
· Maintain inventory counts for all packaging materials and orders in accordance with set pars
· Perform basic preventative maintenance on packaging and peripheral equipment
· Perform basic troubleshooting on packaging equipment
· Be a team player and able to interact with all levels within the organization
· Adhere to and enforce all applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations
· Other tasks as needed
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
· Able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment reference, and background check
· Minimum of 3-years' experience in brewery packaging
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Secondary college or professional education is strongly preferred
· Experience with mechanical systems necessary
· Prior leadership experience is strongly preferred.
· Ability to work and communicate well with all staff.
· Competent with basic computer functions, including Microsoft Office.
· Organized and detail-oriented.
· Basic troubleshooting skills in a brewing/manufacturing setting
· Strong interpersonal skills and a love for meeting and interacting with people
· Thorough attention to detail and desire to take initiative
· Must adhere to the company’s policies and procedures
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
. Nights, and evenings required - as needed
· Work safely with chemicals in reasonable safety accommodations
· Work In small, confined spaces
· Climb stairs, ramps, and ladders
· Able to stand, walk, and be on your feet for prolonged periods
· Able to read and follow written instructions
· Able to regularly twist, turn, kneel, climb, stoop, bend, crawl, lift, and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 55 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools
· Able to safely navigate the tasting room and snack bar areas, including crowded spaces
· Able to maneuver packages of any weight above 75 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance
· Able to move 165-pounds, using appropriate techniques and tools
· Able to work in a factory/production environment which may be loud, slick, humid, cold, and hot
· Able to work in indoor and outdoor environments with moderate noise and occasionally slippery floors
· Able to comply with and enforce all health, safety, and personal hygiene policies and standards
**Applications Accepted Until This Role Is Filled**
Company matching 401k Plan
Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) (80 hours)/year
$300 Employee Discretionary Account
Monthly Wellness Stipend
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Craft 'Ohana strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Hawaii's Largest Craft Brewery