The Maintenance Manager reports to the VP of Operations and is responsible for ensuring the efficient functioning and upkeep of all equipment, machinery, and facilities within the brewery. The primary focus will be to minimize downtime, maximize productivity, and ensure the highest level of quality and safety standards are met. This is a critical role in maintaining the smooth operation of our brewery and supporting our commitment to producing exceptional craft beers and coffee. Candidates must share Craft ‘Ohana’s commitment to its four operating pillars: Quality of Products, Quality of Life, Quality of Business Practices, and Quality of Manufacturing Operations.
THE EVERYDAY VIEW
- Develop and implement comprehensive maintenance programs, schedules, and procedures to ensure the optimal performance and reliability of equipment, machinery, and facilities.
- Conduct regular inspections and preventive maintenance activities on brewing equipment, packaging machinery, utilities systems, and other critical assets to identify and address potential issues before they escalate.
- Manage and coordinate the repair, maintenance, and replacement of faulty or malfunctioning equipment, ensuring minimal disruption to production activities.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including work orders, equipment history, and maintenance logs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including production, quality control, and engineering, to ensure smooth coordination of maintenance activities and minimize production downtime.
- Source and manage relationships with external contractors and vendors for specialized maintenance and repair services, ensuring compliance with safety standards and quality expectations.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and equipment upgrades to enhance efficiency, productivity, and safety within the brewery.
- Train and supervise a team of maintenance technicians, providing guidance, support, and performance feedback to ensure a skilled and motivated workforce.
- Maintain compliance with all relevant safety regulations, policies, and procedures to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
- Monitor maintenance budgets, track expenses, and develop cost-effective strategies to optimize resources and control maintenance-related costs. Provides regular budget reports and updates to management, highlighting any significant actions and proposing appropriate actions for budget adjustments, if necessary.
- Be a team player and able to interact with all levels within the organization
- Adhere to and enforce all applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations
- Other tasks as needed
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
- Able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment reference, and background check
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, industrial maintenance, or a related field is preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in maintenance management, preferably in a production or manufacturing environment, with a strong focus on mechanical and electrical systems.
- In-depth knowledge of brewing equipment, including brewhouses, fermenters, filtration systems, packaging lines, and utility infrastructure, is highly desirable.
- Strong technical expertise in troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining mechanical, electrical, and automation systems.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and develop a high-performing maintenance team.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a proactive approach to maintenance and continuous improvement.
- Solid understanding of safety regulations and procedures, with a commitment to maintaining a safe work environment.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to collaborate and interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for generating reports, analyzing data, and presenting maintenance-related information effectively.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) to track work orders, schedule maintenance tasks, and manage equipment and inventory.
- Thorough attention to detail and desire to take initiative
- Must adhere to the company’s policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic and fast-paced brewery environment, including evenings, weekends, and occasional on-call availability.
- Able to stand, walk, and be on your feet for prolonged periods • Able to read and follow written instructions
- Able to regularly twist, turn, kneel, climb, stoop, bend, crawl, lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 55 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools • Able to safely navigate the tasting room and snack bar areas, including crowded spaces
- Able to maneuver packages of any weight above 75 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance
- Able to move 165-pounds, using appropriate techniques and tools
- Able to work in a factory/production environment which may be loud, slick, humid, cold, and hot
- Able to work in indoor and outdoor environments with moderate noise and occasionally slippery floors
- Able to comply with and enforce all health, safety, and personal hygiene policies and standards
**Applications Accepted Until This Role Is Filled**
Company matching 401k Plan
Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) (80 hours)/year
$300 Employee Discretionary Account
Monthly Wellness Stipend
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Craft 'Ohana strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Hawaii's Largest Craft Brewery