Packaging Technician - Multiple Shifts
Two Roads Brewing is seeking a Packaging Technician to join the team in Stratford, CT. There are four primary unit operations; canning, bottling, variety packaging, and kegging. The packaging technician follows the lead of Packaging supervisors and the Packaging Manager and ensures safe and efficient operation of the equipment under their responsibility. The Packaging Technician takes care to release the highest possible quality products.
This position of Packaging Technician reports directly to the Packaging Supervisor on the shift at the brewery. This person collaborates with other packaging technicians, warehouse forklift operators, quality coworkers and brewers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regular attendance in order to work packaging shifts as scheduled by packaging manager weekly.
- Learn, understand and execute packaging operations according to standard operating procedures.
- Operate machinery following all safety guidelines in an efficient manner.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to brewery standards.
- Keep the packaging areas and workspaces clean and organized.
- Help out as needed in all other parts of the brewery. (Team Player)
- Perform basic maintenance on machinery to ensure it is functioning safely, properly, and efficiently.
- Communicate all mechanical issues to Packaging Supervisor and maintenance department.
- Communicate the department’s materials needs to ensure the production schedule is executable.
- Attend departmental meetings.
- Attend special events and brewery staff meetings as requested by Packaging Manager.
- Maintain packaging tools and materials by storing safely, neatly and in an organized fashion.
- Ensure finished product is safely and neatly stored in the cooler and logged in accurately each day.
- Complete all paperwork associated with each duty with 100% accuracy.
- Assist co-workers and cross train in other departments to ensure brewery goals are accomplished.
- Responsible for personal and fellow coworker safety in the packaging area
- Responsible for highest packaged product quality
- Defend and build company culture
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Extremely high level of attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven ability to work well with others
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Advanced mathematical and reasoning skills
- Strong overall understanding of safety procedures, regulations and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Takes ownership and initiative
- Have understanding of OSHA regulations
- Must have a flexible schedule and ability to work a rotating on-call schedule for after-hour emergency
- Attitude: Positive, team oriented and results driven with a good sense of humor
Physical, Mental, and other Requirements
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 55lbs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule: days, nights, and/or weekends
- Will be responsible for using various machinery, tools, and PPE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO, and best of all FREE BEVERAGES!
- Hands-on training – Learn how to use our state of the art equipment!
- Open Door Policy – At Two Roads, your ideas and feedback matter. With our open door policy, you will experience a more fulfilling career where you are truly valued.
- Learning Environment – Two Roads is dedicated to employee development and education – we are committed to your success!
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into specialized roles throughout the brewery.
While performing the duties of this position, the packaging technician is exposed to inside and outside environmental conditions, including but not limited to; extreme heat, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, loud regular noise, extreme heights, and moving machinery.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Take The Road Less Traveled.