HR Generalist - Temporary, Part-Time, On-Site
This temporary, part-time parental leave coverage position, will span from mid January 2024- May 31, 2024. This is an on-site position in Startford, CT 3 days per week. The HR manager is responsible for effective and consistent coordination and implementation of HR functions and procedures; specifically employee relations, performance management, and recruitment. The HR manager also ensures that the workforce is consistently in compliance with Company HR policies and local, state and federal labor laws and regulations.
The position reports directly to the CEO and collaborates with all department heads to ensure the accomplishment of the Company’s goals and policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide daily HR support to all employees while maintaining positive employee relations and engagement
- Approve and review all terminations, conduct exit interviews, and arbitrate unresolved complaints
- Lead and coach department heads in identifying, evaluating and resolving human relations and work performance problems
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practice; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
Recruitment & Onboarding:
- ADP Workforce Now experience: Review applicants, schedule and coordinate interviews, maintain offer letters and background check information
- Onboarding: Administer onboarding documents, online safety training, and onboarding meetings
- Support the company’s safety initiave including coordination with Workers Compensation
- Be a conduit between the Benefits broker and employees
- Support the finance team with payroll and other compensation initiatives
- 4-8 years of experience as a HR generalist with broad knowledge of employment laws, compensation management, organizational planning, employee relations, recruiting, and training and development best practices.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management or related studies
- Strong organizational skills, excellent oral and written communcation skills, resourcefulness
- Possess an empowering management style; comfortable interacting with employees “on the production floor” and in the office, with a keen interest in developing and coaching employees toward their own personal goals and the Company’s.
- Ability to maintain and protect the confidentiality of information
- ADP WFN and payroll experience preferred
This role will primarily work in an office environment, but will be required to go out on the manufacturing floor as needed. This role may involve exposure to manufacturing equipment, noise, and physical activity. Appropriate safety gear and training will be provided.
Take The Road Less Traveled.