BREWER TECHNICIAN 1
Please note this position is 3rd shift - 10pm-6:30am Sun-Thur . 15% shift differential
But base pay is just the beginning. We support your future by offering a generous 10% company match on 401(k) contributions, providing learning and development opportunities, and fostering your safety at work with ongoing trainings, state-of-the-art equipment, and preventative care. We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance, an onsite medical clinic, as well as mental health and well-being benefits including paid sick leave. We foster a culture of work-life balance and always encourage employees to use and enjoy their paid time off.
- Actively monitor brewing, cellar and filtration processes on manual and automated systems (Brewmaxx) while maintaining quality standards and specifications set by SNBC. Follow all SOPs and best practices in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform CIP of brewing vessels, tanks, process lines, fermenters and yeast brinks including assembly and disassembly of process lines and loops. Mixes and uses chemicals safely (uses the appropriate chemical for the task, uses cleaning equipment safely, safely carries buckets with chemicals)
- Perform dry hopping of tanks, consisting of all aspects of torpedo operations, traditional bag hopping operations and lupulin dosing operations
- Responsible for fermentation management, consisting of tank sampling for monitoring gravity, temperature, pressure and all other vital conditions, and adjusting tank parameters as needed
- Follow proper inventory management practices; stage materials and prepare for brewing according to set recipes and schedules.
- Based on limits outlined by SOPs, react appropriately when limits are exceeded, and escalate abnormalities to the supervisor
- Maintain an organized, sanitary, and safe work area by following 5S principles; cleaning up messes quickly after created, keeping tools in appropriate places after use, and sterilizing any item that may contact product immediately after use
- Responsible for performance and reporting of product and equipment on shift. Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of process equipment & light duty mechanical adjustments; manually or with small hand tools or escalates maintenance issues appropriately
- Communicate and works in conjunction with other departments (Quality, Packaging, Maintenance, etc.) as necessary to meet department objectives
- Additional duties as assigned
- Diploma/Certificate in Brewing/Fermentation preferred
- Ability to coordinate with brewing team members and cover any required cellar operation during daily shifts to facilitate breaks and meal periods for each other
- Comprehensive understanding of raw materials handling and Brewhouse operations, cellar management and filtration procedures
- Understanding of COP, CIP, sanitation and sterilization techniques
- Understanding of specific beer process terminologies
- The skill to quickly assess the status of operations and troubleshoot processes strongly desired
- A demonstrated ability to work with automated processes interface, as well as manual brewery operations is strongly desired
- A demonstrated ability to multitask while maintaining a strong attention to detail is essential
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and coordinate team tasks in a cross-functional, cross-departmental team environment
- A demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and make critical decisions is desired
- Forklift Certification within 60 Days required
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Start Your Adventure.