Senior Corporate Accountant
Senior Corporate Accountant
- Regular Full-Time
The Senior Corporate Accountant is responsible for supporting Sunbelt Holdings by working closely with the Breakthru Beverage Accounting to perform key tasks for the monthly close, providing budget support, performing key financial analysis, and maintaining the integrity of general ledger activity.
- Provide functional expertise and management of financial business services (Including accounts payable, payroll and data management, strategic sourcing and future functions to be added to BBG’s business services platform).
- Provide guidance on financial decisions by establishing and enforcing accounting policies, including both external and internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local market requirements by understanding current and potential changes to financial regulations.
- Serve as central contact for intercompany transactions.
- Ensure accuracy & timely billing of corporate allocations
- Support month- and year-end close processes in a centralized environment.
- Prepare and publish financial statements
- Post journal entries
- Review operational activities
- Communicate with local and central finance teams
- Resolve any general issues that arise during close
- Perform account & cash reconciliations for assigned operating units using Blackline by the designated due date. Reconciliations should be thoroughly completed according to company standards and resolution for open items identified and properly documented. Post monthly Treasury activity.
- Participate in audits by providing timely responses to audit inquiries from external audit partners, the bank or other auditing parties.
- Participate in departmental projects and further process improvement activities as needed or assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience
- 6-9 years’ experience in accounting or finance depending on area of accounting
- Excellent MS Office skills in particular Excel – pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s and other logic functions
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Must be a results-oriented professional with verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Analytic and Reporting skills; Utilize sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume, team environment
- SAP or similar ERP software experience a plus.
- Experience in a centralized accounting environment with G/L responsibilities is preferred
- SAP or similar ERP software and Blackline experience a plus
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Frequent hand motion with answering and dialing phones, computer work.
- Occasional immediate reaching and overhead reaching to perform various duties
- Occasional standing for short amounts of time to perform various duties
- Occasional walking for short amounts of time to perform various duties
- Extended sitting for long periods of time at desk or workstation
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations