Warehouse Supervisor - Day
Warehouse Supervisor - Day
- Regular Full-Time
Directs the workforce to load cases of wine and spirits onto the company’s delivery trucks. Maintains inventory and supplies by receiving, storing, and delivering items. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments, and preparing items for staging or shipment.
If you’d like to learn more about Working in the Warehouse, view this exciting video!
- Ensure efficient truck loading process (picking orders and loading of trucks) while minimizing breakage. The processes involved are picking from full case pick lines, picking from the bottle room, and replenishment of both full and split case complexes in a timely fashion so the trucks can be dispatched at their scheduled starting times.
- Reports damage to equipment, product, and facilities. Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, requiring preventative maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Report any product shortage or location problems.
- Maintains storage area and organizes floor space, adhering to storage design principles, recommends improvements.
- Ensure the process of unloading of truck and receiving of product is efficient. Eliminate breakage and ensure all product is received correctly into the system then placed in the correct location in the warehouse.
- Ensures the company remains compliant with local and federal laws and OSHA requirements.
- Handles work related injuries. Ensure that policies are compliant with OSHA standards.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements and enforcing adherence to requirements, advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by maintaining and monitoring security procedures and protocols
- Directly supervises associates.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, CBA, and applicable laws.
- Accomplishes warehouse human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, communicating job expectations, planning monitoring, appraising job contributions, recommending compensation actions, adhering to policies and procedures.
- Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related business area
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer programs including presentation software
- Must be a results-oriented professional with verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Analytic and Reporting skills
- Utilize sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume, team environment
- 3 years of people management experience
- Knowledge of systems utilized as it relates to logistics
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone, and forklift.
- Occasionally left up to 65 pounds.
- Occasionally bend, reach, kneel, and squat.
- May help coordinate the work of junior members of the team.
- Resolves issues which are often varied and non-routine. Undertakes analysis and investigation to solve issues.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations