- Regular Full-Time
The primary purpose of this position is to assist with the daily management of the operations delivery staff.
Salary and Benefit Statement:
Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills, and prior relevant experience.
$55,000 - $70,00
Monday thru Friday
- Effectively aide in managing the delivery operations team.
- Monitor delivery fleet using MobileCast and/or Roadnet.
- Recommend and/or perform performance management actions including but not limited to selection and hiring, transferring, and discharging, the assignment of work, or progressive discipline.
- Maintain driver’s attendance records, sick days, vacation, etc.
- Trains drivers in the areas of safe driving, proper lifting techniques and company delivery process and procedure.
- Regular ride along with Drivers and perform observation and coaching to ensure proper customer service, productivity metric achievement, and safety practices
- Payroll oversight including attendance records and paid time off
- Responsible for DOT compliance, which may include DOT safety requirements and DOT drug screening.
- Oversee or aide in the function of timely and accurate verification and processing of the daily delivery driver invoices, associated paperwork, returns and collections.
- Interface with customers solving discrepancies, problems and creating a cohesive relationship
- Foster and maintain a collaborative relationship with the sales, warehouse, delivery and customer service departments.
- Administration of worker’s compensation, incentive and safety programs
- Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related area
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer programs including presentation software
- Must be a results-oriented professional with verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Analytic and Reporting skills
- Utilize sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume, team environment
- Maintain a valid CDL license
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone
- Occasional carrying, overhead reaching and lifting of 15 pounds to perform various duties
- Occasional immediate reaching to perform various office duties
- Occasional standing for short amounts of time to perform various duties
- Occasional walking for short amounts of time to perform various duties
- Extended sitting for long periods of time at desk or workstation
- Minimal squatting or bending to perform various duties
- Occasional climb stairs
- May help coordinate the work of junior members of the team.
- Resolves issues which are often varied and non-routine. Undertakes analysis and investigation to solve issues.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations