Tractor Trailer Driver
Tractor Trailer Driver
- Regular Full-Time
The FL Tractor Trailer Driver uses their CDLA to drive our tractor trailers in a safe and courteous manner. Load and unload pallets, products, & equipment to deliver products from our distribution center to tour customers’ place of business. While meeting or surpassing company productivity standards, policies, and safety rules and procedures.
- Determines condition of vehicle by inspecting vehicle before and after use; logging inspection; reporting requirements.
- Ensures correct loading of vehicle by loading product or material; directing material handlers.
- Delivers product or material to destination by identifying destination and driving the vehicle on the assigned route.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains safe vehicle and conditions and protects load by complying with organization policies and procedures and highway rules and regulations.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains records by completing driver log; obtaining shipper and receiver authorizations; filing documents.
- Maintains safe work environment by following organization standards and legal requirements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- CDL-A Required
- At least one-year related delivery experience and/or training
- Possess a general knowledge of DOT regulations and proven history of safe driving.
- Must be a results-oriented professional with verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume, team or independent environment
- Bi-lingual a plus, but not required
- Frequently sit, stand, bend, squat, and reach.
- Frequently climb into and out of truck.
- Regularly lift 45-65 lbs.
- Must talk, hear, use hands and fingers to operate a vehicle and tech device.
- Tuesday - Friday 8pm - Done
- $25.50 hr plus OT $3,000 Sign on bonus
- Accountable for meeting own targets, work is reviewed periodically.
- Problems encountered will be defined, repetitive, and routine with a solution readily available.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations